xisto Community
Brandon Smith

Website You got to check this out

Hello. I have made my own website I would like to share it to you. This website consist of one page so far and still improving. This website shows a game I made which you can play for free. Also on that website there is a shoutbox and a forum. The forum is for general chat but mostly to talk about the game. Next is that I update this website weekly so you can catch the latest updates. There are also polls on there. A lot of the polls can deal with real life or in the game (if you have played it). If you check out this website I bet you will want to come back. I have already made my first game that's called 'Forest Ghost'. The new one I am making right now is called 'Forest Ghost: The Next Generation'. They are both fun but in order to get the 2nd one you will have to play the first game to really understand it. I hope you will enjoy this site as much as I do. -Thanks

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

UPDATED:

HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT!!!

I FINALLY GOT DOWNLOAD LINKS TO MY GAME!!! NOW YOU CAN ENJOY MY GAMES I MADE!!!

COME BACK TO MY WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO ON UPDATES ABOUT MY GAME!!!

Edited by Brandon Smith (see edit history)

Hello. I have made my own website I would like to share it to you. This website consist of one page so far and still improving. This website shows a game I made which you can play for free. Also on that website there is a shoutbox and a forum. The forum is for general chat but mostly to talk about the game. Next is that I update this website weekly so you can catch the latest updates. There are also polls on there. A lot of the polls can deal with real life or in the game (if you have played it). If you check out this website I bet you will want to come back. I have already made my first game that's called 'Forest Ghost'. The new one I am making right now is called 'Forest Ghost: The Next Generation'. They are both fun but in order to get the 2nd one you will have to play the first game to really understand it. I hope you will enjoy this site as much as I do. -Thanks
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Put the game on the website

I think your site should be hosted by a Xisto because it is free and it has noads. Aren't you a shamed of yourself for having lots of ads and the website: something.com/something/

isn't short you could get a free short subdomain from http://www.freedomain.pro/so your site will be

something.co.nr/ or from

v3.com/ or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/they have cool subdomains: something.fr.tt/ or .us.tt and lots of other that you can choose from with no charge.Comments about your site:1- Clours will make me blind try putting blue and green (it is just an advice so you could do whatever you want)2-Need more graphic and pictures if you need an example about the site of a game go to: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ So by going to this site will immediately recognise what the game talks about but by looking at yours I won't have a clue on what the gametalks about. So put pictures and more graphics.3-Texts are very long and boring. These days no one has the time to read long and boring texts so try to shorten them up and be straight to get to your point. And no one will know that you made a cool game.4- The forum looks pretty good, congratulations!! But I think you should put buttons to the links for example hyperlink the word ''forum'' in your site and create a link that goes directly to the forum that you are talking about.

Your website looks nice and I really like the template overall. It has a lot of potential, by which I mean the shoutbox and the polls could be placed in different areas to make the site really accessible for your readers; as well as a few other minor things.

The shoutbox and the poll would look a lot better if they were placed along the left and right hand side of the page and if they matched the colour scheme of your site. For instance the shoutbox is blue. None of the other features on your site are blue so perhaps it could have a green/black look to it which you could easily do using CSS (if freewebs let you do that).

Also, the shoutbox is just there on it's own with a massive black gap to the right of it. That may be an ideal place to put the poll, a small introduction to the game or a Regsiter Now! box. However, regardless of how you decide to format or customise in the shoutbox, you should definately decrease the size of it because it's taking up a large amount of screen height. With that, the ads and the header you can't see any useful content once the page has loaded so you end up scrolling frantically down just to read anything.

Thirdly, you only have one navigation item which you could improve upon. You have a shoutbox, a forum, polls which you could all put on the navigation bar. The site immediately looks bare and empty with just the one item there. Additionally, you could divide your homepage up and create many new pages out of that. The homepage looks long and who likes reading extensively in today's busy world?

Finally, another petty thing is that you have 10 digits on your hits bar at the bottom. A site's got to stay around a long time before it gets a billion hits. Maybe it would be better to take off a few of the zeros in front so it looks you have more hits than you really do. Which looks more on first glimse?

????[/tab]????????????1298 hits

???? OR....

????????????[tab]0000001298 hits

Hey guys thanks for all your replies and ways to improve thanks very much. My website will probaly be better if I listen to you guys lol. I am going to try to change it ASAP. Thanks you guys. Been real help!

Like everyone else has said, i think you site would be better off if the game actually was on the site and could be downloaded along with screenshots from the game on its page so people know what exactly it is like. Secondly, i would add a link bar on the side of the website since your links at the top are kinda small and do not really draw any attention so they are hard to find the first time you view the page. Finally, i would get rid of the ads and host your site somewhere else that doesnt have them since they take away from the content of the site along with a huge amount of space on the screen. Also, on this issue i would make the shoutbox smaller since you cant see the news really when you first load the page and thus we dont really know what the site is about right away