xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Animal Cruelty Acts Why?

Why do people insist on abusing there animals? Most claim it's because they can't afford food or vaccine for there animal. But what about those who CAN? Are they just "to busy", or what?
I've been watching this show, "Animal Cops Houston". Simply, they go around and save abused animals. Well in todays episode they saved a pregnant horse. Well, the house was malnourished, it's hair was falling out, and it's bones were clearly visible. It was disgusting. Just the way they handled the animal.

The police took the horse and put it in a safe holding and had it checked out. Basically the issue was, either the baby dies, or the parent dies. During the night the mother gave birth. It was premature, and the baby wasn't being fed inside the mother, so they had to bottle feed the baby constantly to keep it alive. Obviously they had to put the mother down, and the baby survived.

They pressed charges on the owners, here's what angers me. the fine was 2 days in prison and a fine of 1,000 dollars. That's ridiculous! 2 day!? 1000 dollars?! I'm sure the horse cost ATLEAST twice that price, and seeing as how it had to have a mate, where's the other horse? On another show the penalty was nearly 10 YEARS in prison and thousands MORE dollars, for leaving a dog unattended in a house for 2 weeks. The dog made a full recovery, but not the horse, and the dog owner got fined more!

What's wrong with that?
People who abuse there animals showed be able to own them. When you buy an animal you know you should be financialy stable. If you can't care for it, ADOPT IT OUT!

What are your guys views on animal cruelty?

I really can not stand when people abuse their animals. It makes me sick. Animals do not deserve that kind of treatment. They're helpless animals, and should be treated with kindness. If I had my way I would just lock up all the people who abused their animals forever. There is no reason why they should do it. I've also watched shows like that, I can't stand to watch it. I'm also part of ASPCA mailing list. They have such sad stories and pictures of abused animals. And then in Korea they are beating dogs and burning them. How sick can you get!? How would they feel if they were being beaten and burned alive? I'm not saying that all Korean people eat dog, I have a friend who is from there and she's never eaten dog and also has strong feelings regarding animal abuse. I just wish that things weren't this way with sick people running around beating animals.
I'm in complete agreement with you, I think they should have been put away longer.

Well ok ok, they should be put away for longer. But life in prison? Cmon guys, we don't even get life in prison for murder(most times). Like I said, they should be in longer then 2 days. Not life.

Everything dies. We die. Animals die. If an animal dies, you cry for it, does the power of Disney magically summon pixies to bring it back to life? No? I didn't think so.That's not how things work. Just because we're a dominant species does not mean we have to play God. We can be just like all of the other animals. Animals not only kill other animals for food. They do it for fun.Example: Would you trust a violet dog near a small child?All whining put aside, I'd rather have products tested on an animal that has a shorter life span than humans which have a longer one. Why, you ask? It's quite simple. It's alot more profecient if they can give birth in a few weeks, instead of waiting six more months. Not only that, less people would complain.