xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
biscuitrat

Redonkulosity Revamped! Biscuitrats Grottos almost perfect layout.

Visit this site and check out my layout!

History

In between making my site from little Notepad files to introducing tabbed navigation, etc, I somehow became a zealot of web-standards. I'm nowhere near there yet, but I'm getting closer. This layout features more of my writing, more of my ARTISTRIEEESSS, and definitely more interesting design. If you hated pink before, you'll hate it more now. This layout oozes of it.

Features I'm particularily proud of

Breadcrumbs!

<3 of CSS

Valid XHTML 1.1 all around

Why?

Well, OK, we've been over the fact that my old layout was boring. I went into a creative slump using Cutenews. I tried Wordpress, a run of different sites. When I thought I'd perfected my old layout, I suddenly needed something cleaner. I tried blues, oranges, even grayscale to see if it would work. But instead, I went back to pink. I tried to use my special talents - making things glossy and painting - and I made the header. From there, it was like I was alive again. Bit by bit, it got better. Bit by bit, I'm loving it still :rolleyes:

Thats a great design you have there. I really like the color combo and the tabbed browsing. There is one little problem with your tabs in Firefox (not sure about IE), the sitemeter code acts as a tab and its coming outside its parent div and it seems obtrusive to the design (although its minor).Overall, its a great design! I like it :rolleyes:.

I like your site! Colors are nice, layout is nice, logo is nice and for mirracle text is nice too:) Jst maybe try to use capital letters for first letter in titles:) 8/10

Hey you! (I dont know if I'm allowed to use your name, so I wont.) Forewarning: I'm asking a lot of questions. I would call, but I know you are busy debating for the time-being.As you can see, I gave in. I need hosting if I want my own blog, and as you said, the forum posting is easy. I have enough points for the first package now, but (even though I have no idea what I will do with all the space) I'm holding out for the 150 mgs. I'm considering adding a photoblog page on to, so that would eat up considerable memory. I can always redirect a domain to point to this account, right? I wouldn't be able to do that now, but I might in the future. This was posted so long ago that your site is no longer pink. did you ever decide to use the flash video? i think its pretty cool. I've actually been wanting to learn how to make my own flash productions, for use as a header or just something interesting on my main page. It's a bit distracting though, and I want the words and pictures to speak for themselves.How hard is it to change blogging softwares once you've gotten started using a specific brand? I want to try wordpress, but I'd like to be open to creating something on my own or switching to something else if it suits my fancy.Also, I wanted to ask you later, but I'm scared I will forget, how are you backing these files up? I remember when those weird hackers messed with your site, and you refreshed it and it all went away. How did you do that? You are, of course, obligated to show me. :lol:And of course, the stupid pixel is still not aligned right on lindsaysscribblings.com. I can't fix it! I'll ask you to help me with it later. Dreamweaver is irritating me. Do you use an outside editor, or just movable type?With the email you provide on your site, how do you prevent being spammed? Teach me your secrets, Oh Wise One. And good luck at today's tournament! (you probably won't check this until much later, *sigh*)Lindz.

Oooooh, it's really pretty! But I saw this too late; I'm about to redesign my site :lol:Thank you so much though! I'll open a new post about the next site.