xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Flood Control? 25 Seconds?

I was posting in the Hosted Members area, and I wanted to reply to another support question, that I have an anwser to, and I get a annoying message, saying that you need to wait 25 seconds before making a new topic or reply? :rolleyes:

Ok, I really think that we should make this 10, I know its here to prevent, double postings, and random spam posts 1 after the other, but if its like 10 seconds, you can read the topic, and reply pretty good. And I don't mean to be picky and stuff, but if you don't like waiting like me... :lol:

I was posting in the Hosted Members area, and I wanted to reply to another support question, that I have an anwser to, and I get a annoying message, saying that you need to wait 25 seconds before making a new topic or reply? dry.gif
Ok, I really think that we should make this 10, I know its here to prevent, double postings, and random spam posts 1 after the other, but if its like 10 seconds, you can read the topic, and reply pretty good. And I don't mean to be picky and stuff, but if you don't like waiting like me... smile.gif

Although this is understandable it helps to keep the server from getting flooded with too many submissions at once so it won't crash. Actually I am not sure if that has something to do with it or not but that is my guess. I am sure you can find something to do for 30 seconds while you wait for your ability to make a new post. Proofread it a second time instead of finding something later on and having to use the edit button or something. It helps keeps the forums clean and really isn't that big of a deal I don't think. You can always read a book every for those thirty seconds and by the end of the month you can get a new one lol

I think that 25 seconds is reasonable. I mean, it should take you about 25 seconds to post a reply. If it takes you less, then you know that are post is too short, like yea, no, and stuff like that. And obviously the flood control needs to control the submissions, otherwise, the server will crash

I think that 25 seconds is reasonable. I mean, it should take you about 25 seconds to post a reply. If it takes you less, then you know that are post is too short, like yea, no, and stuff like that. And obviously the flood control needs to control the submissions, otherwise, the server will crash

If you get the flood control error it doesn't necessarily mean that your post is too short...Some posts don't require that long of a reply and people can type over 100 words per minute which means that it might not take them that long to make a new reply and what not.