xisto Community
Janissary

Weird Ps2 Disc Reading Problem Works only at 1st time...

My PS2 WonWeird Ps2 Disc Reading Problem

what happens when my PS2 starts reading but it says PLEASE INSERT PLAYSTATION OR PLAYSTATION2 FORMAT DISCAnd I have the USA PS2 but it won't even work on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas!Please Help (I have tryed everything from Lens Cleaners to Toothpaste On The Discs (that is the best way to clean them))Tnx For Reading

-reply by Natasha

Playstation 2 : older ROM versionWeird Ps2 Disc Reading Problem

Playstation 2, problem reading some game disks

Good Day,

I am experiencing the same problem with an older version, thick profile, Playstation 2 with disc read errors on same games while other games work fine.  Under my scenario, my daughter's new version, thin profile, PS2 reads the same game jsut fine with no issues.  Is my problem due to the older ROM version?

Thanks,

Keith

my ps2 wonWeird Ps2 Disc Reading Problem

I don't know what else to do.I have an older version of ps2 and it won't stop reading the disc, but before that I was reading disc error. Is there anything else that i can try. I've used a cleaner on it already... Someone please help!

-question by jess