xisto Community
jaybird92185

Magic! Anyone here do magic?

Hey all I love magic and it's one of my favorite hobbies. If anyone does please tell me and recomend me some stuff and I'll recomend you some stuff too. Here's some bullets of recomendation.

Ellusionist.com

DVD's

Not books DVD's they have a more thorough teaching style

Google search stuff related to magic

Hope that helps for any of you who like magic,

Jaybird92185

I have tried and tried and tried to do magic, but I can never figure it out. I do like to go in Magic Shops though. It's cool to see what they have, but I can never actually do it. Any tips on how to do it? I guess I'm just not dedicated.

Practice, practice, practice!Although performing magic tricks and wowing the audience does require a good mastery of the skills that are needed to perform those specific tricks, "presentation" plays a huge part in being able to pull off magic effectively.A good magician is also a good story teller/narrator. Often times, their stories / banter that go along with the magic trick plays a big (if not, even pivotal) role in making the audience believe that the illusion that they are seeing is real.If I remember correctly, PenguinMagic offers a lot of different tricks - some of which look absolutely amazing but once you figure out how it is done, are shocked by what a simple illusion it is.I used to do card tricks, learning and sharing with friends. I also remember reading a few e-books revealing David Blaine card tricks & street magic - many of which are available via thorough Google searching or off Torrents.Recently, I saw this movie clip of an illusion that really blew me away. A magician in Japan appears to specialize in matter-passing tricks e.g. passing a salt shaker through a glass table. This particular trick of his involved removing a hamburger from a poster menu, taking a bite out of it and placing the burger (with bite taken out of it) back into the poster menu. The poster now featured the burger with the bite. He repeated the trick (and result) with a different burger on the menu.Crazy stuff.

It's all about making your audience see what you want them to. Scientists are always trying to make you see what they want you too, and magic is a great thing to study. Imagine being in a room with a magician and he has a blue deck of cards, he turns each of the card over one by one face up and tells you to count the number of red faced cards (something like 16). Easy when he's done, he flips the deck back over (face down) and breaks it up into piles of four, and the audience sees that the cards are all blue backed, not red as they started. So, how'd he do that? Again this is just an experiment not an actual trick, because someone observant would be able to figure you out. He takes a deck that has 3 or four cards on the top which are red backed, and then the rest are blue, you just don't notice the colour changing because you are focusing on the face of the cards. Trust me it works, and makes you feel like an idiot.

well that is exactly what is done most of the time it is just a case of keeping your attention in the wrong place there is no "real" trick. It also make alot of use of what is know as changeblindness. Like foe this trick what happens is well not really a trick but what happens is that you have a picture or slide of 5 certain picture cards from the deck, you then ask a person to pick one and focus on it. Then you say you will make their card disappear out of the pack. you change the picture or slide with a slight delay imbetween. Then you put up the new picture or slide with 5 picture cards and MAGIC the card they were looking at is gone. but all it is, is that you put up five cards then when the person looks and focuses on the card they have choosen they don't notice what the other cards are then with the slight break they will not notice that the cards are the same split of colors but different suites and type eg 3black 2red or whatever like that, but none are the same card as before. like a king of hearts instead of a queen of diamonds or something like that. All that makes this work is the fact you are focusing on the wrong thing and the break if you were told to look at all the cards you will see it straight away or there was no break imbetween the two pictures.