xisto Community
BooZker

Anti-flag Is A Hyprocrit They say one thing then do something totaly opposite

Do you think they are hypocrits?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First i want to say i have almost ALL of Anti-Flag's songs and CDs. I used to love them, but when they signed up with BMG i think it was i was just confused. They just switched to something they have been preaching was SO bad. As i see it all there songs were just BS. They got millions to sign up. Before they maybe made that in a year now they get more than that in one day after signing a contract. If you like Punk you know they were famous for there songs like "*BLEEP* Police Brutality" and lyrics like "Don't fly those stars and stripes for me..." But why would they do this. They have been writing songs about this since '96. What do you guys think?

I never liked Anti Flag anyway and I think they are really overrated. The Unseen are way better 90's punk band. :rolleyes:

I never liked Anti Flag anyway and I think they are really overrated. The Unseen are way better 90's punk band.

yah i love them. They are awesome for sure. They are touring like 2 hrs from where im from and i might go see them. They arent going to be at the warped tour though this year, which sucks.

I've never really heard of this band... Though I might after hearing this, who knows? But, are you really sure that you'r enot overreacting a little bit? So they changed companies/studios, so what? Even though it may not seem the best to you. Are you them? They could be making more money off of their songs, gotten a better deal, or just felt like they need a change. Whatever the reason, that's still no reason to disown them as your favorite. You like their songs right? Even though they may have done something out of character, they still are the same people. Give them another chance after this, then you can diown them and find some other band to idolize over. Remember, it's not the end of the world...

Im not sure what you are even like talking about. If you mean they are going mainstream, i dont know what you are talking about. Hardly anyone where i live knows who they are. But so what if they are getting more attention or anything, so what if they signed with different people. No band is safe from the mainstream anymore, good bands are going to crap...its only a matter of time before they do too. I wish i had my anti-flag cd with me now though :rolleyes: - and honesly, everyone is a hypocrite.

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

I've never really heard of this band... Though I might after hearing this, who knows? But, are you really sure that you'r enot overreacting a little bit? So they changed companies/studios, so what? Even though it may not seem the best to you. Are you them? They could be making more money off of their songs, gotten a better deal, or just felt like they need a change. Whatever the reason, that's still no reason to disown them as your favorite. You like their songs right? Even though they may have done something out of character, they still are the same people. Give them another chance after this, then you can diown them and find some other band to idolize over. Remember, it's not the end of the world...

Haha i don't really care, but to me... well here is how i picture it.

You sell organic beef and tell your customers its the best. Then after 10 years of doing that you change it and add tons of other stuff that makes it totaly different. When someone asks you why, you simply say nothing. They have not explained why. If they had a honestly good answer like they are giving the money to help stop all wars (just and example) I wouldnt care. The point im trying to get across is they diss every mainstream band, but then sign up with RCA and BMG?

They have also changed a lot. All the songs on this album sound the same and they are all slow and wishy washy. They also lied about the cover. The orginal image which is the image UNDER this slip cover: http://www.hardplace.de/images/cover/antifndempire_75.jpg
Was too controversial as the main cover so they had to put a slip cover over it. They also made an edited CD. How many TRUE punk bands make an edited and a non edited version. None because they want the message out without freedom of speach getting in the way.

. Hardly anyone where i live knows who they are. But so what if they are getting more attention or anything, so what if they signed with different people.

Well at target and on TV and walmart they had BIG signs saying buy the new ANTI-FLAG CD TODAY!

I'd heard of them and agree, when punk style bands sign up with big labels they can change quite a lot, the music may sound similar but things will start being censored by the label and before you know it you're listening to another top 40 pop loser who used to be cool. the whole point of punk is to reel and not just go along with what others say.anyway i'd just leave them be and go find another band to enjoy.

Well now that youve explained what they did in your second reply I do think that they are hypocrits. At first, I voted for what is Antiflag. I dont even know who they are, but if I probably knew them I would have voted them as hypocrits. At first I thought this was going to be another fan hates the band cause its going mainstream, but I guess it wasnt, it was just that they diss everyone who is mainstream but then they become mainstream. That really is being a hypocrit.

anyway i'd just leave them be and go find another band to enjoy.

I have. Leftover Crack is awesome. Actually i have started listening to The Briggs too. I heard of them before but never really heard anything except one song that came with a compilation.

Well now that youve explained what they did in your second reply I do think that they are hypocrits. At first, I voted for what is Antiflag. I dont even know who they are, but if I probably knew them I would have voted them as hypocrits. At first I thought this was going to be another fan hates the band cause its going mainstream, but I guess it wasnt, it was just that they diss everyone who is mainstream but then they become mainstream. That really is being a hypocrit.

It really makes me mad to. When i was younger i got into punk because of Anti-Flag and i really listened to their "message" but now it just makes me mad. It would be different if lets say they never dissed mainstream then went mainstream AND didn't change the style to more pop punk. Like Listen to

One Trillion Dollars on there new album
And listen to just about any other song on there old song. (Except Protest Song cause its a accoustic)
Youll see how much they changed. One album they had Police behind the shields and stuff and no they have one with a star on the front?????

They have also changed a lot. All the songs on this album sound the same and they are all slow and wishy washy.

This happens to so many bands after a while. In every genre, throughout the history of time. Bands cave into what they think people want to hear instead of doing it 'for themselves.' :)

This happens to so many bands after a while. In every genre, throughout the history of time. Bands cave into what they think people want to hear instead of doing it 'for themselves.'

I don't understand the thought process in that though because if people like you why change it? Thats what made you famous, and you stilll want to change it? I dosnt make any sence to me. It's all about money anymore. Damn i wish that just ONCE a good band wouldnt change after signing up with a big record company.