xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

The New Windows Vista Beta 2 For The Public! Grab it while you can ;)

Windows Vista: The Betas are ready!

I just received an email from Microsoft formally releasing the new Windows Vista Beta 2. Windows Vista Beta 2 is now available for download and registration (REQUIRED) at: http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/en/default.aspx

This is the second BETA release even after Microsoft has prolonged the release of Vista. I just began to download my copy of Windows Vista and it is a whopping 3200MB. Before you download the Vista, make sure your system can support Windows Vista by visiting the Windows Vista GetReady Page

NOTE: You might have to wait to get your copy because of the high download volumes. If you are unable to download Vista the first time you try, wait for a few minutes and try again!

The download comes in the form of an ISO image of a DVD. You'll need a CD burner to install Windows Vista onto your system! (Virtual Mounting Software will not work for this!)

The system requirements for Windows Vista are:

* A modern processor (at least 800MHz1). * 512 MB of system memory.
* A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

To learn more about Microsoft's latest Operating System -- Windows Vista, visit http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Regards,
Paul
Edited by Paul (see edit history)

wow its working im downloading it as i type this message, and omg its 3.2gb omg thats gonna take a long time on my boradband, oww well should be worth it, hopefully i can install it on my portable hardrive and take it to scool, that should be fun, lol, anyways thanks dude this rocks u get a key and everything, nice job thanks very much, u did good, thank so much for this contribution and i like it i like it alot, im downloading adn i cant wait to get into windows vista should like totally rock, as it is going to be the next os for windows, can anyone pm and tell me how i could install it on my portable hardrive, then i would be most greatful, like could i partition it or summin, im no computer newbie but i just got the portable harddrive and i dotn want to muck it up, anyways any help with installing this on my portable ahrd drive would rock and htanks for the help, look foward to hearing from someone, thanks guys and great post, ow yeah ive downloaded 11mb in 9 minute so i got a fair way to go, so wihs me lukc and i hope to hear from someone!

I would never download such a bloated operating system. I'm stull running windows 2000 because XP has too much junk on it I don't need nor find attractive. All Vista and XP are are a waste of system resources(not to mention XP's default theme is butt ugly) and money to upgrade your system enough to handle it. Unlike the last big jump with Windows 95, I don't find it worth my time to download vista because it seems to bring little new to the table except for more fancy effects and big bloat.

I've never seen Microsoft put a beta version of a full OS up for the public, but who knows? Maybe I just missed it... when Windows XP came out I was still using Windows 98.... :rolleyes:

I downloaded a beta once and I installed it and let me tell you, it didn't go too well. I mean the installation was easy, but the bugs were killing me. And you can't even uninstall it without formating your computer. Most of the betas are safe, but my perivous experince makes me hesitate on downloading it. BTW nice find

Why you would want to download buggy Microsoft software is beyond me, especially considering how their final releases tend to still be buggy :rolleyes:I did read a news article though that the downloads of the beta have proved to be extremely popular, and they were giving out product keys at two or three times the rate that downloads could occur. There were even claims of it even "bringing down the internet" if they met the demand for downloads of the beta. If I can find the link, I'll post it up.

such a bloated operating system.

Perfect wording. Bloated is the best word that comes to mind when I think of vista.

As for XP, I only use it because of xp-only software, and the classic windows looks pretty lame (and I get bored with theme programs).

From what I have read in a computer magazine and on the internet it seems that Microsoft has delayed the release of Windows Vista to may, even june 2007. That is like 6 months away from what they predicted initialy. And if you're wondering why Windows Vista Beta 2 was a public release... it is because it (still) has a huge amount of bugs, even for a Microsoft product :lol: .Well I've installed Vista Transformation Pack and with WindowBlinds you can even make that wonderful transparency effect from Vista. I really don't see why I should upgrade... it almoust looks the same as this modified Windows XP.Windows XP was a major update since, however full of security bugs, it still is much much more stable then Windows Me and Windows 98. As for Vista... just Windows XP with glass effect :rolleyes: