xisto Community
scab_dog

Windows Vista Beta Available? There is one going around

windows vista is available only as beta version and not as orginal full version, beta version is used my the MSDN inorder to check faults and rectify it, however it is provided to all the scools and colleges for free and it is beta versionbeta is nothing but demo version

I have it...my dads last work had the msdn stuff and he got me it since im the one who likes to expirement...a few req for it.500mb ram +++ more is better3+ gigs for os itsself..dvd rom drive (to install the thing is 2.5gbs)its not worth it at the moment but it has potential... it looks more like a mac interface but with the windows flare to it...

I used to have a real decent theme for it, i liked it quite a bit. I have signed up for the MSDN beta team and got accepted. I have access to it.. but it is nearly 3gb in size. I eventually downloaded the beta and burnt it and low and behold my computer decides to crash..I can't believe the requirements though, in my opinion they need to lower the requirements for gods sake, i don't think home users would have that kind of computer power! :)

windows vista is now long horn .so people please dont get confused, vista and longhorn are the same

sorry, i dont think ur quite right, I could be wrong but I am 99% sure that Vista is the official name for what WAS project longhorn, now longhorn is to be the new windows server, equvilent to Vista only as a server, longhorn (server) hasn't been released anywhere as a beta.. Edited by mtvoyagers (see edit history)

sorry, i dont think ur quite right, I could be wrong but I am 99% sure that Vista is the official name for what WAS project longhorn, now longhorn is to be the new windows server, equvilent to Vista only as a server, longhorn (server) hasn't been released anywhere as a beta..

that is correct.. Windows Vista went under the codename Longhorn until beta realeases to the msdn when they released the official name of Vista

However the specs arnt that bad... 500mb ram thats not uncommon in the new computers...

the new cheap $500 dells (which are *BLEEP*...) can support vista just fine... so i dont see what your complaining about it being too much for a computer to handle... if your computer can barely support xp get a new one... trust me...

also i dont see how you are having such a problem i got xp to work fine on my old p1 233 mhz computer.... used it as a file server and for music worked just fine... if that computer could support xp any p3 should be able to support vista....

hm, people seem worried about the high requirements... now what, I ask you is good about vista?I mean please, I remember in Primary School, they kept saying we were sheep when we all made the same stupid mistakes, or did things just cause others were doing them. This seems to be a case of both. What are you all, half-wit sheep?

Just a quick note to dilipdaniel and others with doubt. 'Longhorn' was a code name for Vista. Before we knew 'Vista' Microsoft refered to the new Windows as Windows Longhorn.

Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista. The Customer Preview Program is now closed. We have reached our program capacity and no new orders are being accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The information on this page is intended for Customer Preview Program participants. Participants will receive an e-mail message with additional information when Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is available later this year. Thank you for testing Windows Vista.

So it seems that “Windows Vista ” will be available for participants of the Customer Preview Program and to finalies of this year.

It is a pity, since I have seen some PC's with beta versions and is enough good, that pretends at least, also I have listened to the security has been increased and it has a new file system, who reduces the speed search in the hard disk.

I hope that already it lacks little so that Microsft finally sends it to the market.

That good! My laptop fulfills the minimum requirements( view requirements ), since I am desperate to have a copy (legal) of this version.
Edited by vicviqbe (see edit history)