xisto Community
Avalon

Sotw #41 Entries Flight theme

This week's SOTW will have a theme of 'flight'. Your sig should portray anything to do with flight, this can be natural flight such as birds, insects or bats for example. Or you can use a mechanical flight theme such as an aircraft, spacecraft or even a parachute, (it could be loosely translated into flight). The theme is purposely made fairly general to encourage more entries. Good luck everyone. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Any render used must be of something that actually exists, nothing fantasy is permitted. This means things like fairies, dragons, angels or a pegasus are not permitted. This also means renders of fantasy spacecraft such as Star Trek's "The Enterprise" are not permitted, let's "keep it real" people. :lol:

Sig size: Between 250 to 350 pixels wide and 100 to 150 pixels high

Brush Style: Freestyle

Color: To match your render

Render: Flight theme

Text: Your name

Other effects: Optional

Due Date: June 10th

UPDATE!!!

There will now be prizes awarded for this SOTW!!!

1st Place: 10 credits

2nd Place: 7 credits

3rd Place: 5 credits

Edited by Avalon (see edit history)

one question about your sig, ummmm well what does it have to do with flight, owww yeah and my entry is soon to be here, just finishing it all up then it will be here, i hope this is ok and i cant wait to see others entries, although i just have some concern on what your sig has to do with flight? but other than that cant wait to put my entry up!! youll all just have to wait!!

Meh, i hope i'm not the only one in this. But, i figured i'd join in this one. It's been a while.

Posted Image

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

(I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, if I'm not please tell me and I'll delete it ASAP!)

@Agentb: Although your sig is impressive, your sig doesn't comply with the rules

This week's SOTW will have a theme of 'flight'. Your sig should portray anything to do with flight, this can be natural flight such as birds, insects or bats for example. Or you can use a mechanical flight theme such as an aircraft, spacecraft or even a parachute, (it could be loosely translated into flight). The theme is purposely made fairly general to encourage more entries. Good luck everyone.

EDIT: Any render used must be of something that actually exists, nothing fantasy is permitted. This means things like fairies, dragons, angels or a pegasus are not permitted. This also means renders of fantasy spacecraft such as Star Trek's "The Enterprise" are not permitted, let's "keep it real" people.

Brush Style: Freestyle

Color: To match your render

Render: Flight theme

Text: Your name

Other effects: Optional

Due Date: June 10th

Hey, lots of guidlines and requirements but (BOO) no point awards. :rolleyes: How come? I will work on this one and try to make the deadline. Look for my entry soon, right here.

Posted Image

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Hey, lots of guidlines and requirements but (BOO) no point awards. ;) How come? I will work on this one and try to make the deadline. Look for my entry soon, right here.

The guidelines are there to try and lessen some of the confusion I had with the last SOTW that had a broad theme like this.

As for the credits, I don't know what arrangement SM had for the credits so I thought I best not any award any until I know how it works. In the future I would like to be able to award credits, so watch this space. :rolleyes:

While I'm at it, here's my entry. :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by Avalon (see edit history)

heya boys just though i would drop you all a line and say well done and good luck owww yeha almost forgot, here is my little entry not the best but i did a lot on it and i really like it so, here we go!

Posted Image

there it is oww and thats my own render of a eagle and the plane is ajuts a random one, but yeha i did the bird myself took AGES yeah ages, but anyways has a nice effect and looks good so there is is and good luck to one and all

For those wondering: itsmyard's render is a airplane-type vehicle from the game final fantasy 8...I'll look up it's name and pic in a sec.

EDIT:

Name: Ragnarok

Render: Posted Image

Sorry myard, looks like Avalon editted the topic to be non-fantasy things, and Final Fantasy is about as "fantasy" as it gets. :rolleyes:

Sorry myard, looks like Avalon editted the topic to be non-fantasy things, and Final Fantasy is about as "fantasy" as it gets. :rolleyes:

Yes, this was edited the day before itsmyard posted his entry. Due to questions asked about the criteria for the SOTW, I had to make a slight change.

Yes, this was edited the day before itsmyard posted his entry. Due to questions asked about the criteria for the SOTW, I had to make a slight change.

Heh, I understand. Stuff happens.

Great entry though myard, I would have voted for it.

UPDATE!!!

There will now be prizes awarded for this SOTW!!!

1st Place: 10 credits

2nd Place: 7 credits

3rd Place: 5 credits