xisto Community
jibnet

Windows Vista Gui Vs Window Xp Gui

Having used Vista I agree there is little gain by the new Aero gimmicks. It is useful to draw attention to specific windows and good to impress those who haven't seen it yet. The 3D tab-bar is too limited to be a great innovation. However under the hood there are some advances which will make Vista the better Windows - at least as soon as hardware drivers start getting available.

For the open source part I just remembered a great project: Looking Glass by Sun. It is a 3D Desktop for Linux. the windows seem to be truly 3D, you can open a video player and actually turn the player's window and watch it from the back. Seems to be more advanced than MacOS and Vista combined.

Well, actually the Vista gui is rather effiecient since the Beta 2. I got beta 2 and i tried to run it on my gaming machine to see how it is..a 3800+ 2x amd 642 gbs Kingston ddr 2a x1600 pro Radeon 512 mb300gb hardrive 7200 rpm sataDvd RamAnd with the beta it was super laggy, it was the slowest os ive every seen! Realy, Sometimes even the os would run game installers because of driver issues and etc, It was horrible. But now the gui looks rather pretty, it stands a good chance to regain some momentum for Microsoft.

The Vista GUI is horrible. I recently purchased a laptop pre-installed with Vista Home Premium. At first, I was slightly impressed with the fresh clean look of Vista. Then, as I started searching for the customizable options, I realized that I couldn't find anything. In their quest to make it prettier, they removed the functionality that I have come to expect out of a Windows OS. On another topic, the wizards and the help menus make you feel like a total idiot. At least XP treated you like an intelligent adult who has to figure a few things out for himself, but that's ok, because it still allows you to customize a large portion of it. I also figured out how much RAM Vista uses on an average basis. Are you ready for this? I don't think you're ready, but I'll say it anyway. A WHOPPING 300MB OF RAM! That's right, you read correctly, 300MB of RAM just to make the windows transparent and look pretty. It's no wonder they require a 2 GB setup. If you have anything other than a top of the line PC, you'll run super sluggish. When I realized just how much memory the GUI was running, I pulled out my old XP Pro CD and installed. I sincerely hope Microsoft will do something about this. I think if they allow users to run the XP Luna GUI, a lot more people will switch to Vista. They may praise and exalt the "New and Improved Revolutionary" Vista GUI, but plain and simple, it's a resource hog that sucks the life out of your PC. Hate to say it Microsoft, but if you don't change your ways with Windows 7, I'll either stay happy with XP, or find myself shunning Microsoft in favor of Linux.