xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gondero Werkus

Hacker Leaves Norton Man With $26,000 Phone Bill

Jack Nicolas received a $27,000 phone bill last November. And Most of the charges were for overseas calls he didn't make. See that's what gets me about technology today you know, that people will do that to others because they can. I mean why do you need to call overseas so much?
AT&T knew what was going when the bill was so high so they just waived their part of the bill for Jack but Verizon wireless said they couldn't do that because the situation was "out of our control" so they want their $14,000 from Nicolas.

Jack's attorney Doug Dufault said this about the whole ordeal, "Well, you've got a small business owner who is essentially being extorted by a large business". I think his words ring true pretty much and he said two ther people in Jack's neighborhood had similar problems with Verizon.

Notice from KuBi:
Copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Warning issued.

I hate people that does this kind of acts, of ilegal acts, of kids acts.Personally, i think the Phreacker should go to prison, if he gets cought, of course, but then, perpahs he or she made this for revenge, perhaps a personal vendeta, i don't know.One more thing, please, Gondero Werkus, don't give hackers a bad name, hackers are the good guys, the crackers and phreackers are the ones that does this kind of ilegal and stupid actions, hackers don't, perhaps you should look/find for the meaning of the word hacker on the internet or a ebook, this days people are more informed, so please don't relate hackers to this kind of bad actions ok?

Personally, i think the Phreacker should go to prison, if he gets cought, of course, but then, perpahs he or she made this for revenge, perhaps a personal vendeta, i don't know.

most likely personal, people have no clue how easy this is to do. especially if you know the person or have been inside the store and can see they have a wireless phone . just sit in your car and call from the same model phone. or do it the old fashioned way w/ a beige box and wire cutters