xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matto

Can You Figure Out The Petals Around The Rose? Fun brainteeser online: took Bill Gates hours to figure out

The name of the game is Petals Around the Rose. The name of the game is important. The computer will roll five dice and ask you to guess the score for the roll. The score will always be zero or an even number. Your mission is to work out how the computer calculates the score and become a Potentate of the Rose.

Ahh... what a fun little thing. Took me but 10 minutes to figure out!!! But... very interesting indeed. Perhaps you should remember that the name of the game is important. Doing so would have saved me bundles of time -.-

http://www.borrett.id.au/computing/petals-j.htm

Edited by matto (see edit history)

Congratulations! We have another Potentate of the Rose.

Yea, I figured out the trick behind the brainteaser... although, if only I could interpret the name earlier, I would've save myself so much time :rolleyes:

Nice game!

Congratulations! We have another Potentate of the Rose.

Took about half an hour. Don't think too hard about it, that's what let me down.

I remember doing this. I forgot how much time i took but i remember reading Bill Gates story. I don't know what the story was for motiviation?? lol. But i took some time to figure it out. I felt retarded in a way cause I tried to hard.

interesting game it took about 6 minutes to figure this one out, that some sweet programming though that was done for this I only could imagine what it was like to do this the hard way.