xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nitefell

My Review For Metroid Fusion, Gba.

I've had this game for ages, but never really played it. I had a go at it and had so much fun, I thought I'd write a review on it.Metroid Fusion is an older game now, realeased a few years back for the brand new Game Boy Advance. But PSP and DS got nothing on this highly original, almost intoxicating gameAssigned to watch over the Biologic's research team, Samus Aran once again finds herself on the planet SR388. On the surface, she is attacked by the parasitic life form known as X, a creature which multiplies inside the nervous system of the host creature (in this case, Samus). The X copies the DNA of it's host, and also gains the memories and knowledge of the victim. The victim dies, and the jelly like X morph into the form of it's latest host using it's DNA. I Samus' case, they had to remove large non-organic portions of her powersuit. Just as she was about to die, a cure was made using a cell from the last metroid, which was the X's main predator. Like most Metroid games, samus loses pretty much all her abilities besides the basic beam function, and is left in a new "fusion suit". Samus' cellular make up now includes many aspects of the metroids, including the ability to absorb X to regenerate health. Of course, she is now sensitive to the cold like the metroids. An explosion soon rocks the B.S.L. Space Station, and Samus is sent to investigate. The X that had infested parts of her powersuit were now free aboard the station, incudiing the SA-X, a powerful "core x" micking samus at full power! Working under a new computer CO, Samus learns not all is as it seems and is soon caught up in a conspiracy within the government which she serves. With detailed pixel graphics and side scrolling game play, you can't shake the nostalgic feeling that pulsates as you play it. An awesome, exciting game that you won't want to miss.

First, be mindful about not spoiling the story for others. Second, Fusion isnt the highest point of the Metroid games, although its still really good. However, its depressing to see where the series is headed as of late (Metroid Pinball?), but whats out is out, and at least up to MP2 its great. You might not have heard this since its so old, but Super Metroid for the SNES would be another good game to look for (you could prolly only get a ROM dump of it by now).