xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blacklaser

Basic Info Needed - New Domain

I just registered a new domain but since it is my very first time and have not worked with domains before I'm wondering what I have to do to get the new domain to point at my website here at Xisto.com. If somebody could give me a real basic roundup of how the process with DNS and nameservers works and what I need to do so that if i type http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ in the adressbar of my browser i get my webpage here at Xisto.com that would be awesome.

You should know by now (judging by your posting count) you should be familiar with our forum and its search feature.All answers are in Xisto Readme but to close this topic here are quick instructions.1) access your domain control and change nameserver tons1.trap17.comns2.trap17.com2) you can then either park your domain to your hosting account or use the process page to change your domain name of your hosting account. The difference between parking and addon are located in the Host Members Area topic. Changing your hosting account to your domain name has no difference at all but at your personal preference.3) wait between 24~72 hours for your nameserver change to be propagated, and your domain will be properly tied to your hosting account.