xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Repost: Trap17 Search Plug-in For Mozilla Firefox make fluid searches on Trap17 - originally by m^e

The original post was lost somehow but now, thanks to miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG and serverph, we are proud to re-present this topic.

Dear members,

I'm happy to present you with a brand new Search Plugin for Mozilla FireFox browsers. It was created to make your searches on Xisto a mere breeze. It installs itself in the same space as your Google Search Bar in Firefox - and does direct search of the Xisto Forums. This eliminates the need to load the Search page completely, unless you want to use any of the Advanced Search features.

Installation

All you need to do is visit our Plugins & Extensions page at: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and select your desired search plugin. Be sure to read the instructions there. When you click on the appropriate plugin name, it gets automatically installed in Firefox. Next, when you click on the dropdown list of available search plugins, you'll clearly see the Xisto Icon.

Here is a Screenshot of Firefox Search bar after you've installed the plugin.

Posted Image

Usage

Simply select the Xisto Search option from the dropdown list, type in your query and press enter. The appropriate results will immediately get listed in your browser.

Update

The plugin is set to auto-update itself, and checks for updates automatically everyday. In case we announce an update, it'll automatically update itself from the same location the very same day.

Enjoy

Regards,

m^e

P.S.: Don't hesitate to contact me in case of any technical queries/problems in installing the plugin.

sweet dudes that is very good i love it its going to come in very handy in the future instead of clicking on my hotlink at the top i cna just search for what i wish, thank you very much, thats a really nice find agian and im pleased to see it back here, thanks guys and keep up the very good work, that a wicked little gadget thign, thanks for the this

Wow... a very handy shortcut for Xisto users? Looks like Xisto is going upward like Google..:) Firefox is the best.... thanks for the plugin. Search has become apart of everyone's web experience everyday. As much as we visit a site we search too.

Very good and original idea!Just hope there'll be updates.

Let me understand thisWith this tool, I can search in Xisto forums without logging in? I do not see the use of this plugin unless I want to search for somethng on the forum. I need to login to the forum to even know what I want to search about anyway.