xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tdm

V Bulletin What you guys think

I personally think Invision Power Board is better because it has more features and is easier to handle. I have tried that one before but there were some things I couldn't do or was harder to do than in IPB. It is good to have a forum like that though. It still works fine just isn't what I prefer.

oh, i think vb is better , vb has easy manager for skin and template but for edit ipb skin you must know css file ! its very hard VB Licence is 80$ for one year and 160$ for unlimit year :rolleyes:its very high ! but i think vb has very bad portal like vbindex or vbportal or vbadvancet i hate vb portal ,when you installing ipb it has portal and installed

As people mentioned, unless you are going to have a HUGE community like DigitalPoint its better to stick to simpler forums scripts such as IPB, SMF etc.

I like vBulletin's front-end interface, but I have no clue on anything related to administration of it. The Mamboserver.com Forum uses vBulletin. I like the tons of AJAX that they stuck into it (Quick Reply, Editing, although IPB has that too). I also like the built in Reason for editing field in the post edit screen, much easier than the Edit tag mod for SMF.