xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
exalted5

Animal Farm

It shows how what seems to be a great society with potential is simply unable to exist: there is no such thing as everyone being equal.

I had to do a short essay on it for History - great book, really enjoyed it. Movie's good too.

A truly brilliant book and sort of satirical in nature too. I especially loved the slow metamorphosis of the pigs starting from the time of revolution to the final end where they have completely turned into pseudo humans. Clover's alert mind, Boxer's blind faith, Benjamin's cynicism and Muriel's aloof characters are all a glimpse into how people are when it comes to observing their leader.A beautiful, brief story that stuck to the point yet delivered the punchline with the greatest emphasis.

Animal farm is a true masterpiece from one of the greatest writers whoever lived.I love reading all of Orwell's books though,even if some of themget a little 'textbookish' in the inclusion of economic data. Animal farm perfectly describes human nature and how truecommunism could never work. You have to give Orwell credit.He had such integrity.He wasupper middle class wealthy but would slum it just to see how theother half lived.