xisto Community
zach101

Dreamweaver, Front Page

I like frontpage is is easy to use and has some geat features, but it can cause problems when trying to publish your website, such as saying that the sever your trying to publish to does on have frontpage extentions installed even though you do. The coding system in frontpages is easy to learn, you can insert your own HTMl and edit it from within frontpage, so you don't have to use another editor.

theres also this nice program that comes with windows lolnotepad... or wordpad eitherway thats the way to go because dreamweaver and frontpage leave there own little sniplets of code everywhere and make the code look all shity and hard to read...so if you know how to do it code it by hand and open a webbrowser to test the site

I use dreamweaver, i think is great tool to build the pages. Write the code it's really simple and the progran helps you a lot to do it. But i have had many problems with the FTP server working online, not with internal server localhost. So i write the code with dreamweaver, but i use CuteFTP to upload files into my host. The problem is basically that the upload rate is very slow, i don't know why, maybe i have bad configuration of server.I have tried EZ-Generator, and i think is one of the best site maker that uses templates.

Too me i think it's just stupid not to use frontpage or dreamweaver because they save you time. If i were to use notepad... it would take me forever. Plus so many professionals use dreamweaver. I don't know why it's not "cool" to use it or its not "hardcore". I would have to say i have tried tons of different programs and dreamweaver is the best. For books, i know this sounds dumb, you should go to your library and look at books there. They are free and they have some expensive books. I taught myself a lot that way.

it sounds like the majority of the people use dreamweaver, also it's just like anything else, why would you make the same ting from scratch over and over, especially when you already have a premade template, or and easy plug in and go. Im mean you can still do exactly what you want, and if you you know how to code on note pad with out using dreamweaver wwll its just a plus..

OK as a programmer of all sorts and not just web development, i used to use notepad and then went to coffee cup because i liked the text coloring, etc. Then i started using dreamweaver because it made life a lot easier for some of the development but it still wasnt anything that special plus it isnt cheap. So, i decided to try one last thing. As a developer i have used the eclipse project for java and c++ development and its a great ide. So one day i was looking through open source projects for it and i stumbled on a html/php plugin for it and tried it. It rocks. It not only finishes the closing tags for you, but it also validates, debugs, etc. all of your code and tells you where you have issues in a much better fashion than dreamweaver. Whats even better is that it is free.So i use eclipse when i am windows. However, if i am currently in linux, i also use eclipse but if it is just for something small and easy, the basic xemacs text editor (way better than notepad) makes life easy for the small things.

I would recommend Dreamweaver. Of course that it?ll put some rubbish in your code but much less than Frontpage and it?s an estandar. I mean, you?ll find lot of resources and tutorials to make websites in Dreamweaver so I think it?s the best option to learn making websites. You can also learn code and make it with notepad, which is the best option to make sure that the site only contents what you want, but you have to know html and css very well not to get confused and notepad won?t help you to locate errors. But it?s the best option if you have deep knowledge of web-design.

I user Dreamweaver to design my webpages, I also, I'm learning CSS, I know that CSS is a very good tool to make dinamic site, where we need to manintain the same format...I think CSS is very very useful. Because we can create classes to include in the site...So, I had never use FrontPage, but I will do it to test <_<Good luck to everybody!

well ther you have it vic, using dreamwever is a great way to learn how to code in css. as you can select a premade css template and follow it and edit it. Also I say if you have the programs and if you have the knowlegde just use everything you have.. the more resources the better.