xisto Community
matto

What Is The Most Messed Up Book You Have Ever Read? Tell us what books are really messed up, but not necessarily good/bad

i hate books about emo people.i couldn't stand reading A SOLITARY BLUE in 6th grade. HOMECOMING wasn't much better (although it did have the kids talking about how joggers boobs jiggle, but that just shows how messed up the series is)

The Tim Drum a novel by G?nter Grass. Some might say it is a Jewell of the world literature but that book was really messed up, I red it when I was mm in 9 grade, and it was crazy... First of all the book is huge, which it wasn't a problem for me at the beginning since I love to read, but as soon as I started reading I was like what kind of book is this, there are some really nasty parts, and the book is overly descriptive of all the events so for me it was like too overwhelming I couldn't wait to finish reading... and I was one of the 2 people that successfully finished reading the book so when the exam came, I had to tell the story a thousand times to all of my classmates who didn't red the book, so the images keep appearing in my head... I didn't like that book not my style at all...

not necessarily messed up, but The Hot Zone by Richard preston gave me goosebumps. It's very graphic, and whats more, its not fiction... its actually real. The ebola virus is real, so its chilling to read accounts of actual people who've caught it. Vomit, blood, bile... if you're interested in extreme phenomenon or a science buff, or just want a good story to chew on, check it out.

I'd have to say one of them would be Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates. You see through the mind of a sexual psychopathic serial killer. What can be more disturbing then that? VERY perverted and descriptive, so if that would bother you, don't read it.

Haunted by Chuck Palahnuck beats all. The short stoires "Guts" and "Exodus" will destroy you. It makes anything by Bret Eastan Ellis look completely tame. People have fainted listening to them out loud.