xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darnit

Teacher Removal(urgent) Urgent HELP NEEDED

Hey this is a quetion i have regarding a present situation at our schoolA non-tenured teacher is being removed, the school district gives no reason, and many agree that the teacher is among the best in the school, there have been student demonstrations organized by us, but the board has been adament, the demonstration on friday involved around 200 students.does my teacher have any rights?if you come across any or know any, pls do let me know, tomorrow is the last day for him to resign saying that he voluntarily quit the school system for next year, or else they'll fire him. he's a good man, we need to help.p.s. He's kinda like Robin williams in the dead poets society(the movie)

well, it depends, how long has he been working there? if he is off of his probation i think it is called he could not be fired unless they had a really good reason, and if he wasn't off of his probation they can fire him for no reason once so ever. i do ot believe it is called probation though i dont remeber

I suppose there is a Union involved, so they would be the ones to contact about this. The Contract is negotiated by them, so they would know the details and loopholes. The Teacher is most likely already talking with them, but it might be good for you students to show your support. (note to AD: 'Tenure' is a status the teacher would receive after serving their trial period. (apprenticeship, of sorts))

thanx jlhaslip lol, i didn't know that but i remember somthing also being called the first 4 years of a job...ohh well but yeah, thanx :) youve edumacated me