xisto Community
amit nigam

Why So Much Excitement About Religion?

Religion : Why so much obssession!!!!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

truefusion: i am basicly saying that the people who think the bible runs their lives, and should run everyone elses lives are the ones who are wayy to obsessed with religion, sorry about calling you an idiot but that is just my opinion about people who think the bible runs their lives, and should run everyone elses...

I just dont get this. What is evil? Cheating on your wife is evil and so is divorce. It can't be though becuse OVER 50% of people do it. Oh yah and dont forget working on Sunday is also. No one seems to care about those things anymore though.

Evil is the absence of good. Divorce isn't evil, it was made for people, because some partners can be abusive, unforutnately. Working on the Sabbath isn't evil either. The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. Meaning, it's there if you want it.

[hr=noshade]

truefusion: i am basicly saying that the people who think the bible runs their lives, and should run everyone elses lives are the ones who are wayy to obsessed with religion, sorry about calling you an idiot but that is just my opinion about people who think the bible runs their lives, and should run everyone elses...

So, that was basically just a vent about religious people who force their religion on someone? If so, then i understand.
[/hr]

The better question isn't why people are obsessed with religion, but why certain people twist religion to their own agendas? The fact of the matter is that while you may not see it yourself, religion is a very real thing to its devoted practitioners. Don't be so openminded as to let your brain fall out. You are moving to the opposite extreme. Saying people who believe in religion are narrow-minded and you are the opposite. Move to the middle, understand that some accept religion and some don't. No need to go against either just let each have their own beliefs. Another thing is that religion is belief in a higher order, there are thousands of 'religions' that claim to be the way to 'Heaven', to be truly rational would require you to look into each one to undeniably claim that each one is wrong before you can say that religion is bad. Because that is claiming that all religions are bad/wrong without having looked at all religions to see if that is true.

Meaning, it's there if you want it.

And if not dun dun dun. HELL. Its true though. In the bible it says if you dont accpet god you will go to hell.

In a serious manner though whats evil?

And if not dun dun dun. HELL. Its true though. In the bible it says if you dont accpet god you will go to hell.
In a serious manner though whats evil?

Can you give me a verse where it says, if you don't accept God you're destined to hell?

If you want a more thorough explaination: evil

Do u think that as we have evolved we have become more obssessed about religion?

This question lacks logic if you are trying to get a proper variety of responses.for starters it almost seems as if the voter believes in evolution, not everybody believes we have evolved which kind of eliminates religious people from voting as well as many non religious people who don't accept evolution, in this question it seems like evolutionists are the target who would most likely vote yes.

It shouldn't effect the voting pattern, it's just a thought.

Look! I got my answer. the heated debate that the topic has generated between believers and non believers shows that how obssessive we r becoming , whether in believing or non-believing.

now first of all for u, my dear friend CarlU. by evolution i meant that during the past 3000 - 4000 years and not like the dawn of the human species.

out of all these posts the one person i would agree totally with is Wilson Cook. I want to quote him here,

The fact of the matter is that while you may not see it yourself, religion is a very real thing to its devoted practitioners. Don't be so openminded as to let your brain fall out. You are moving to the opposite extreme. Saying people who believe in religion are narrow-minded and you are the opposite. Move to the middle, understand that some accept religion and some don't. No need to go against either just let each have their own beliefs.

i totally agree with him. Why question anyone. if he wants to believe ,let him. if he doesn't then also let him, don't push him to believe.

one thing i want to add is this. we must dissociate this kind of feeling of superiority or inferiority from religions. i started this topic because, as a matter of fact, i didn't liked the topic "Is Christianity a better religion or is it just like others". i think the person who started this and those who supported it in affirmative are still living in that colonial era when western countries occupied countries in the name of that laughable "White Man's Burden". otherwise why the hell in the world should anyone want to prove his religion as the best.

i m a hindu and i can tell u a thousand things to prove that hinduism is the best. but what we r taught by our faith is that we should never compare and that every religion is equally good. But i doubt that some other religions teach the same and if they do then maybe people have twisted the facts to suit there vested interests. Otherwise why is there this conversion phenomenon all over the world which is started by one of the biggest followed religion of the world.

Look! I got my answer. the heated debate that the topic has generated between believers and non believers shows that how obssessive we r becoming , whether in believing or non-believing.

I could generate the same heat from a male vs. female debate, a black vs. white debate, a Iraq war debate.. religion is serious, it's not just an interest or some opinion.

i m a hindu and i can tell u a thousand things to prove that hinduism is the best.

lol, it's almost impossible for man to prove 100% that any religion is better than the other, but I'd like to challenge you by asking you WHY hinduism is the best? this shouldn't be a hard question if you believe you can give us "thousands" of reasons.

but what we r taught by our faith is that we should never compare and that every religion is equally good.

that's great, but you can't take a stab (neither am I saying you are) at other religions because they believe their belief is superior, put yourself in their shoes, if they believe that their God doesn't like other religions, then why should they? If they believe the religion they believe in is true...then it's obvious why they think their religion is superior.

now first of all for u, my dear friend CarlU. by evolution i meant that during the past 3000 - 4000 years and not like the dawn of the human species.

Thanks for clearing that up ;-) Edited by CarlU (see edit history)

because there's so much stuff that unknown, people want to know more about it. and because we can't actually "see" God, people either believe in him, or they don't, because sometimes, they just don't know.i think also, as our technology and science is getting more sophisticated, people are believing more of what the scientists say instead of what the Bible says.God chose to give us free choice, and it's our choice to accept his gift of Jesus, or not.if there is no God, then there is no moral standard, and therefore, good and evil does not exist."I'd rather live life believing there is a God and going to heaven and finding out there isn't, than to live life believing there isn't a God and going to hell and finding out there is."

if there is no God, then there is no moral standard, and therefore, good and evil does not exist.

How do you figure that. So people who dont believe in God kill people?

Being in a religion isn't a bad thing, unless you're in one that commits/promotes evil. Many religious people around the world go around helping those in need. Many others, that aren't in a religion, don't. So, being obsessed with religion is like being obsessed for the well being of mankind. Plus, if you can't do it, God can.

excatly correct. In fact to answer your question, the world would become less crazy about religon as the world advanced

How do you figure that. So people who dont believe in God kill people?

no. but because there's no moral standard, people can't say that they've done good/bad things, because there is no good and bad.
if person A killed person B, and person C does not believe in God, then person C can't say that the killing was wrong, because he has no standard to back it up.

i'm confusing myself x.x

i'm confusing myself x.x

Is what you are trying to say is: Where there is no law, there is no sin?

Religion is not much to get all happy about its just the way in which people express their beliefs and ways.I myself do not follow any type of religion I just go off beliefing that something created all of us here on Earth but am not calling it God. People choose how they want to live their lives whether to help or hurt people. Ways that direct people into a certain path in how they will live their lives is what they may watch because they think since it is being presented alot on television it must be ok to do in real life. If you start watching violence on T.V at a very young age and no parents to care on what you watch your life will not turn out so great.If you watch violence at a young age but your parents or guardians are obedant at a certain level and do family activities I am sure you will not turn out as a bad person.

The discussion of religion is a nessecery evil to combat the movement of religion. It's a curse to the world. If you don't think so, then you must be religious. it's a doctrine, a dogma, and a business of fear and control, and it bypasses any chance of becoming enlightned, by these very qualities!