xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wild20

Use External Linking To Increase Traffic Sounds crazy, but might work.

See what you would do, is take and host your files on multiple sites, using external linking. So you take and maybe have a templates area on Xisto, and then your homepage on Xisto - Web Hosting, regular pages on freewebs, or lycos, whatever, and then you submit them to different search engines. I mean submit all your pages hosted with each search engine. Then you are bringing in traffic to different areas of your site. There are several pros and cons to this:

Pros:

You get an amazing amount of response to your site, because you have every area of your site listed in all search engines, which reallu increases your traffic.

If one hosting goes down, you still have all the others running, so you can hosting the most important on your most realiable hosting, then the others on ones that you don care about.

Cons:

This can get very hard to edit, so ideas:

Make sure you put directories in the hosting. I.e. Put your templates on one host, index on another, forum on another, etc

Make sure you group the hosted files in like catagories, you don't want to have to go and edit the main forum page in one, and then edit the forum's links page in another

You also have to realize that if one hosting does go down, that feature will be disabled. So I am not sure if you would want to have the whole site go down, or just part of it.

Hope this helps guys. I have only tried it minimally. It worked. I linked a lycos and webspawner site together, making a great site that was really simple, and I know it would work with any host, but again, it is time consuming. You would need to get a domain and mask all the addresses, which means you would need a service that makes it so you don't have to set your domain on your hosted files, such as freewebs.com where you can't set your domain, and can still have you set your domain with domain capability. You know, setting all those numbers and stuff, like on Trap and Xisto - Web Hosting, etc. I mean, the major benefit is getting your site massively listed in all the search engines. Give me your feedback.

See what you would do, is take and host your files on multiple sites, using external linking. So you take and maybe have a templates area on Xisto, and then your homepage on Xisto - Web Hosting, regular pages on freewebs, or lycos, whatever, and then you submit them to different search engines. I mean submit all your pages hosted with each search engine. Then you are bringing in traffic to different areas of your site. There are several pros and cons to this:

Pros:

You get an amazing amount of response to your site, because you have every area of your site listed in all search engines, which reallu increases your traffic.

If one hosting goes down, you still have all the others running, so you can hosting the most important on your most realiable hosting, then the others on ones that you don care about.

Cons:

This can get very hard to edit, so ideas:

Make sure you put directories in the hosting. I.e. Put your templates on one host, index on another, forum on another, etc

Make sure you group the hosted files in like catagories, you don't want to have to go and edit the main forum page in one, and then edit the forum's links page in another

You also have to realize that if one hosting does go down, that feature will be disabled. So I am not sure if you would want to have the whole site go down, or just part of it.

Hope this helps guys. I have only tried it minimally. It worked. I linked a lycos and webspawner site together, making a great site that was really simple, and I know it would work with any host, but again, it is time consuming. You would need to get a domain and mask all the addresses, which means you would need a service that makes it so you don't have to set your domain on your hosted files, such as freewebs.com where you can't set your domain, and can still have you set your domain with domain capability. You know, setting all those numbers and stuff, like on Trap and Xisto - Web Hosting, etc. I mean, the major benefit is getting your site massively listed in all the search engines. Give me your feedback.

Also, some websites have slower load times than others, meaning some parts of your website will load slower than the others. Also, some web hosts don't support some of the things others do and also, sites vay in bandwith so some parts of your site could fail unexpectadly if it gets too popular. One major benefit, though would be the added webspace with all the other webhosts.

Why would you want to host your site with different host's anyway. You should pick a host for its reliabilty. And if you want more page hits just submit it to web discussion forums that rate your site. You can get alot of people by just posting your website on forums.

But the point is, you would have different parts of your website listed. You would submit each different hosted part, such as templates on freewebs, index on Xisto, etc, to every search engine. If it indexes the others, no big deal, but it it should be minimal due to the fact that each area is on a different host.To those that asked why would you want to do that? Because it might increase traffic. And although different sites have different bandwidth, you would just have to do your research. find good free ones, or even paid if this reallys works. I know you are not all lazy because people are willing to go to lengths to get something done an dmake it successful. I am just suggesting one way.Would some sites load differently? Yes, but the load time will be hardly noticable if you host bigger files and/or directories on faster and more realiable hosts. I think it would be worth it, and I doubt that there would be THAT much change when going between pages.TDM:Nice suggestions, I wil take that into account. But right now, I am look more at SEO than just getting traffic, I mean to get more people in from search engines.