xisto Community
katagirl3000

Contests have any of you ever won?

I'm just curious as to if any of you have ever won any contests? If so what were the rules and what was your prize? The last prize i remember winning was a few books, in a writing contest from 4th grade. And i'm 21 right now :) I actually know a guy personally in my school that went on the price is right last thanksgiving break and not only won the first game prize (a car) and not only won the showcase at the end BUT he won BOTH showcases!! can you believe that?? why couldn't that have been me :D

i really don't see what's so exciting about california but of course if i got a free trip to those places it wouldn't be so bad. I go to california all the time, i'm going there next week in fact, it never excites me:P but yea, if i could go to hollywood and do some cool shows and stuff for FREE it would make me happy, so how did you win the contest?

Well I won a contenst um I think in year 6 lmao!! For being the cleverest are most subjects.... o.oI didn't get anything I just got called bod...

I have not exactly won, but come into top ten in some writing contest and I got a book. But i have never won any really cool contests with good prizes...unfortunately :( But I'd like to..

The best thing i've won is a smartie bike. This was when i was little i entered into one of their competitions and i won! Pretty damn cool i thought then.I use to think that they were all fixed but because i won.... obviously not. Has anyone else ever won anything bigger? I know a friend who won the lottery, thats got to be the daddy of all competitions. I think that big companys should just send out free stuff to the poor people and just do it out of niceness. They'd get miles more publicity that way then just doing silly little competitions. What do you think?

i actually got into a huge phase of doing a bunch of contests. i was in this phase for about 2 months. the best thing i won was a tonka truck. i thought it was pretty cool cause it looked so cool in the picture. but when my little brother got it, it was TINY. like a micro machine. i got jipped. especially since i had to pay shippin on it.

Well, This answer may be a bit stupid. But My site is my contest.And I have managed to win trust and support of soo many people. :rolleyes:In real life contests, All I remember is winning 1st prize each year (in my area:p) for art and drawing ( especially in pencil Shading ). I have won 2nd prize in best Handwriting 0_0 ( state level )2nd prize in C/C++ Programming at university level.

Well, this was not really a contest but anyway...I was on some stupid bussiness conference, representing my company... So, at the end of conference they pulled out my name from box full of name tags... And the grand prize was Apple iPod! goddamn I was happy! That's everything I've won so far... :rolleyes:

Tao: I have won the second prize in a singing contest some 4 years ago. It was just a small contest in a department store. So the prize wasn't that big. But great experience. Peak: I went to Children TV game show agesss ago, and won the second prize.Other than that, small school competitions or academic quiz in my privince. :rolleyes:

I've never really won anything big except for those lame 4 days, 3 nights cruises, timeshares, and what ever else they can think of to eventually steal your money. I don't believe in really participating in contests or sweepstakes that senselessly cost you your hard earned money to win. (ie: gambling, lotteries, etc). About the biggest thing that I've won is a DVD/VCR player that was from a drawing at work for those people who contributed to the United Way. It was cool because it came at a time when I really wanted one.Ciao :rolleyes:

I thought I won a heap of money on this poetry competition once, it was really stupid actually. They send you this 2 page letter saying all this stuff about you winning all this money and getting these awards in recognition of your talents and blah blah blah and then near the end they say "This could all actually happen if you pay $450+" to book your seat in this place in America (I live in Australia) so I was like OMG. What a scam. They also said their judges picked out my poetry specifically because of blah blah blah and then I realised that they just sent it out to random entries :P

When I was younger I used to win all kinds of stuff off the radio. I got to meet bands, go to amusement parks... I won tickets to concerts, records and cds, a cd player, shoes, valentine's chocolates, a backpack full of survival gear. Most of that was luck, like, I was the 15th caller. A couple of times I had to answer questions.A year or two ago I won a website contest at some internet community. I was supposed to get a bunch of prizes but they kind of flaked on me. Still, it's fun to know I won a "World's Worst Webpage" contest.

i've won a lot of contest, but none of them are really major. They're stupid "Guess the author" contest that you win coupons in and stuff ;)I am about to go to an orchestra festival in a few weeks and i'm hoping our orchestra can get straights so we can go to state festival. You can wish me luck :P

Hi, I have always been physically competitive. In school it's self and lessons such as maths etc i have never really cared much to be honest. I'm not troubled in that area, it's just that i don't enjoy it - now physical activities - you name it and I do it. I love it. My body is in great shape and there are certain types of competitions that I personally have to win in. (generally speaking I tend to). Normally it's just a bit of friendly competition with my mates, but sometimes when I compete in larger events I really like to win. There are certain types of competitions that I love to win in - for instance - Martial Arts. That's what i do say I have to make sure that I am good at it. The last competition that I have won was during an athletics day. It wasn't long ago, so it was the last thin that I won in. I won the 400 meter sprint. I don't live off winning, and I'm not a bad loser, it's just certain things that I personally like to remain the best at. I don't really care about some things, but if it's a sport (usually an extreme sport) that I love to do (like Judo/Karate) then I will have to be the best of the best. It's what I'm known for by those that know me. I'm known for what I'm good at, and that's physical achievements. My family tree is full of people that have been with the Army, so I suppose being the best of the best is kind of in my blood - but anyway - back to the subject. I have won quite alot for my age I think (age 14) - all of which is physical/sport based but the best one for me is the trophy I won for being the best in a Karate championship. That Rocked! Thanks for your time guys, Sean Webber.