xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imacul8

Domain And Ftp Not Working...?

Hey all, i just got my hosting yesterday and tried to access my control panel but it doesnt work...i get this -->Error: Domain Not ConfiguredMy domain is registered with bravenet and im thinking maybe it wont allow me to use it through another host which is a real bummer! and the only options i have for the domain is to set it to redirect which is of no help unless i had a subdomain and pointed it to there.... :\I guess this also explains why i cant login to the ftp...Although i thought u should be able to use a domain name anywhere... :\Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

you obviously have not moved your domain with Xisto yet. your domain (IMACUL8carclub.com) status is currently LOCKED to bravehost.

however, read the text in BOLD below:

Note: This Domain Name is currently Locked. In this status the domain name cannot be transferred, hijacked, or modified. The Owner of this domain name can easily change this status from their control panel. This feature is provided as a security measure against fraudulent domain name hijacking.

you may have to contact your domain registrar to assist you in setting your domain nameservers to that of Xisto. for more info about Xisto nameservers, please consult Xisto readme (link in my sig below).

hey thanx for the help serverph!!I was able to unlock and set the nameservers within my bravenet hosting control panel... i didnt know what that nameservers thing was about but now i do.have to wait 24-72 hours before it takes affect though... so hopefully it does fix the problem :)thanx heaps :)

Edited by imacul8 (see edit history)