xisto Community
BooZker

A World Without A Religion?

Do you think the world would be better?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jease, i never though this would be such a popular topic. I mean 57 votes? Look how many replies also! This is great because i have learned a lot about all religions. And Kasm i hope you don't think i'm arguing with you haha. Truefusion has been a lot of help too.

I read it, but no matter what everything is interpreted. Even the law everyday. This also supported my opinion about how the world will need a god less as science learns more. Let's just say that tomorrow there was proof of how the world started and it started through the big bang (I am not saying that i believe that) What would people do then? They would get rid of that idea. The same way they did with the rain god for example. Another example that is much more recent is that the Catholic church has accepted evolution. So the Adam and Eve story is just a story to Catholics, or Catholics who believe this. Just like anything, however there will be people who will not believe it no matter how much proof. There are still people who believe the world is flat haha. Seriously. I don't have the site here, but i can keep looking if you want proof. It's actually really funny.

When I replied to this . I didn't think it was from BooZker. Previously, I read BooZker and don't find something to reply. But Suddenley I find something to rectify. I didn't realize who wrote it.

1. I want rectify that not only Catholic talk about Adam and eve story, but all Jews, Moslems and Christian (Catholic, Orthodox, and all groups of Protestants) do.

2. I think who is still believe in flat, earth are uneducated people. Exactly as some people against immunisation which finished many diseases and we disprate to find immunisation for other current diseases [Flu, birdflue, HIV, and cancer]

3. All hypothis to how the world started are hypothis and will hypothes all time because no one can proof any. There are many theories beside this BigBang Theory. I am wondering how we will believe explanation for something assumed to be millions years ago while we are still arguing about something 8000 years ago [As Adam and Eveve Story]. This despite the facts that the geonology between Jesus and Adam can be established generation after generation. From Jesus to David. from David to Abraham and from Abraham till Noah and from Noah till Adam.

4. don't worry about the voting . it is nonsense. If there were no thousands are voted then all this has no meaning.

Edited by kasm (see edit history)

[2]That's impossible, after all, the proof is for faith: In order for one to believe that God exists. It's like a tricky command, if you think about it.

Haha like telling a dog without any legs to lay down. What i was saying though was faith is the only proof religious people have. You way of thinking is not outdated by the way. I think many people believe this. I am not sure what i believe sense non of it really is the answer and i don't think any of us will know until either i go to heaven if there is one haha or somehow live millions of more years.

Exactly as some people against immunisation which finished many diseases and we disprate to find immunisation for other current diseases [Flu, birdflue, HIV, and cancer]

Maybe so, but this is still the belief of many. I know it did get get rid of tons of diseases. I mean totally got eliminated many. They are not uneducated either. His dad has a Ph.D. He could have a Ph.D in hair styling, but it's still and Ph.D and that is not something that is easy to get. He made his descion about the shots either under some kind of though process or his belief that he most likely grew up with.

Well, I think that it's impossible to talk about this topic. An atheist will never prove anything to a religious person because faith cannot be shattered by arguments. They will come up with a belief-based explanation even for the "Could God create a rock so heavy He could not lift it?" question.Something similar happens when a theist tries to make an atheist believe, his arguments just aren't strong enough.A world without religion is pointless, there are too many people that would ignore any kind of morals and do however they please. Atheism isn't for everyone.So yeah...

Well, I think that it's impossible to talk about this topic. An atheist will never prove anything to a religious person because faith cannot be shattered by arguments. They will come up with a belief-based explanation even for the "Could God create a rock so heavy He could not lift it?" question.
Something similar happens when a theist tries to make an atheist believe, his arguments just aren't strong enough.

A world without religion is pointless, there are too many people that would ignore any kind of morals and do however they please. Atheism isn't for everyone.

So yeah...

Very true. Most people will never convert by a simple argument. This was not supposed to be that anyways. It was supposed to be asking what if there was no god ever. Or even if there was a god, what if no one believed in him.

Most people who do not believe don't ask stupid questions such as the rock example of yours. They just want to see solid proof and not just a book saying so. Do you know what i mean?

What do you mean Atheism is not for everyone? Who is it nor for?

religion is simply a way of controlling people. If you look back through history, you will find that the Christians are complete hipppocrites. Now i mean no offence to people with any religion (i believe there must be SOME sort of higher power). Christians preached not to kill, and killed thousands and thousands...almost all of them because they were not christian.my geography teacher recently told us that something like 95% of war is based on religion. think about it. World War II was caused by the hatred of the Jews...theres the israeli/palestine conflicts...search google im sure youll find endless religous conflicts.i dont think i should be posting negatively about religion on here so ill leave it at that.btw, although officially im an anglican, im more of a satanist. Satanism makes sense, and no, it is not about worshipping the devil.

What is religion?

Religion is not just to follow Christanity, Islamic, Hinduism, etc.

Its a step forward than this, it is a set of rules to be followed to live a life in this planet, earth.

I am giving you an example

"In Hinduism we used to offer coconut, sweets, flowers etc to God by donating it to the temple."

Now look at the number of people involved in the above line. There are sellers of coconuts, sweets, the garlands maker, the priest, the people who used to sing, and play music in temples and many more.

So the whole system works to provide work and food to the people.

my geography teacher recently told us that something like 95% of war is based on religion. think about it. World War II was caused by the hatred of the Jews...theres the israeli/palestine conflicts...search google im sure youll find endless religous conflicts.

There are some people in every religion who are arrogant and mis-interpret the religion to mis-guide people.

In World War II, Hitler was the person.

In India, we have people following different religion, but we live in harmony, we have a muslim president and a hindu prime minister. We have differences with Pakistan but this doesnt means we hate muslims.

So I think, Religion is the main ingredient part of a civilised world and everyone should follow his religion and respect others religion.

A world without a religion would basically mean a world without water. If we didn't have a religion, no one would have anyone to lead them.Then again, if we didn't have religion, no one would believe in god...But, we me being an atheist, it doesn't really apply to me.

religion is simply a way of controlling people. If you look back through history, you will find that the Christians are complete hipppocrites. Now i mean no offence to people with any religion (i believe there must be SOME sort of higher power). Christians preached not to kill, and killed thousands and thousands...almost all of them because they were not christian.
my geography teacher recently told us that something like 95% of war is based on religion. think about it. World War II was caused by the hatred of the Jews...theres the israeli/palestine conflicts...search google im sure youll find endless religous conflicts.

i dont think i should be posting negatively about religion on here so ill leave it at that.

btw, although officially im an anglican, im more of a satanist. Satanism makes sense, and no, it is not about worshipping the devil.

Exactly. Think about Americas leader (i am an american, but i will never acknowledge George Bush is my leader, ever) He says god SPEAKS to him. He is the one sending people out to die and he says that. What the hell is wrong with him. If there is a God i can pretty much expect he wouldnt want people to go off and die like they are. Even if 95% is based on religion and the people who start it are the crazy people, then it is STILL religion that has done it.

Ok I have to poke my head in on this one.Religion is not here to manipulate or control you. As a matter of fact, you have the right to choose, whether it is right or wrong, you can choose either. That's called free will.People have these serious misconceptions about religion.1) Do not base what you believe in on one person or a few peoples actions. For instance, George Bush says God talks to him, ok, well so what, God is not telling me what he says to him, so I don't know if it's true. And whether or not God does talk to him, he can choose to ignore anything God says.2) People are human, plain and simple. And do not want to own up tp anything they have done wrong. It's in our nature to lie. Therefore, if you believe in God and he tells you to confess your sins, people automatically put up a wall to do whatever they can to NOT confess or admit to doing anything wrong, because of the consequences of those actions.3) People think that if you believe in 'A' religion no matter what religion or denomination they are all right and we are all saved and going to whatever lies after death. Truth is, no one truly knows. But you have to have 'Faith' in order to believe in anything.I am a Christian and I have faith that what I believe is right and that there IS a God and he is living right now, not dead, or hanging on a cross, or living in the desert in Irag, or where ever. No my faith in Him tells me that I have to be diligent and faithful to Him. And have passion about him, and therefore proving to others that He is God, the one and only.People will say, that I am forcing my religion on them or too radical about it, but it you believe in something great enough, and you want others to believe with you then you get passionate about it, and try to spread the news as best as you can and too as many people as you can.For instance, if you knew for a fact that a volcano was going to erupt, and you only had days to tell 1000 people to save them, but they didn't believe you because the volcano has been dead since before they were born, but you had seen the signs and researched it and truly believed it was going to erupt, and you didn't want to see those 1000 people die, wouldn't you do your best to convince as many people as you could just to save them? Would you go to all kinds of levels just to show them that it was going to erupt?That is what passion and faith about God is really like. That is what belief is all about.With out faith, there would be no science and no future. We would all be living in a world where empirical evidence ruled. And we trusted no one based upon their word. Religion can only bring out the good in people as long as they truly believe in it.Perverting religion has ruined it's strength. And believe it or not, religion is losing ground in todays world. Look at what morals we are losing today.

Human rules are based on Religous beliefs and based off the 10 commandments. Religion is also based on faith. Think about when cavemen were around, would we still be like them because we couldn't be able to move on? It's complex when you think into it alot more.

Human rules are based on Religous beliefs and based off the 10 commandments. Religion is also based on faith. Think about when cavemen were around, would we still be like them because we couldn't be able to move on? It's complex when you think into it alot more.

How does that work?! Christians have been around a LESS then most religions. So your saying that everyone was completely crazy, but christians came around and everyone is great? If that is what you think then i wulod beg to differ.

Ok I have to poke my head in on this one.Religion is not here to manipulate or control you. As a matter of fact, you have the right to choose, whether it is right or wrong, you can choose either. That's called free will.

haha yah, right, and if you don't follow all the rules you go to hell, but other then that yes, you are free.

1) Do not base what you believe in on one person or a few peoples actions. For instance, George Bush says God talks to him, ok, well so what, God is not telling me what he says to him, so I don't know if it's true. And whether or not God does talk to him, he can choose to ignore anything God says.

I don't base it on one person. I base it on pver 100+ people i personaly know or have known. Don't get me wrong though. If you follow every rule i guess ya you would be a great person. Let's be real here though. Religion will never, ever, be interpretted the way it is supposed to.

2) People are human, plain and simple. And do not want to own up tp anything they have done wrong. It's in our nature to lie. Therefore, if you believe in God and he tells you to confess your sins, people automatically put up a wall to do whatever they can to NOT confess or admit to doing anything wrong, because of the consequences of those actions.

What the hell are you talking about? Why would someone not confess? It's not like they are going ot get in trouble. They get to go heaven in christian beliefs if they do. That makes no sense what so ever. Maybe you do that, but it still makes no sense.

No my faith in Him tells me that I have to be diligent and faithful to Him. And have passion about him, and therefore proving to others that He is God, the one and only.

This is one of the biggest reasons why i am not religious. I do not want to live for someone else. I want to live for me and not for someone else. I want to live my life the way i want and make my own descions. And i can say i have not made any large mistakes like mudering someone just fine without a book telling me that, that is bad.

People will say, that I am forcing my religion on them or too radical about it, but it you believe in something great enough, and you want others to believe with you then you get passionate about it, and try to spread the news as best as you can and too as many people as you can.

I believe strongly in no religion and i know that i will never convet someone who does believe in a religion. So, i do not push it on them. I might mention what i believe, but i do not go door to door and do not send emails and bulletins on myspace. I do nothing of the sort. I will defend what i believe, but only defend and never attack.

For instance, if you knew for a fact that a volcano was going to erupt, and you only had days to tell 1000 people to save them, but they didn't believe you because the volcano has been dead since before they were born, but you had seen the signs and researched it and truly believed it was going to erupt, and you didn't want to see those 1000 people die, wouldn't you do your best to convince as many people as you could just to save them? Would you go to all kinds of levels just to show them that it was going to erupt?

Volcanos you can see, feel, hear, and you can see graphs that will tell you if they are about to erupt. God you can not. If you could then people would all believe in one religion. Plus, heaven is something you can not prove and your already dead when you go. Volcano killing people is killing people who are alive and well. Your using something you really can't compare to compare. I would say something like. Wouldn't you want to try to save people and have them go to heaven IF it is really there.

A World without religion. A good idea. Not possible though. Nobody is gonna give up religion that easily. But it is good not having a religion because this whole thing of discrimination will stop and things like the jihad and Holy War and all will stop.

A world without religion?

I was thinking about it and thought, you know, i think it would be better. Here are my reasons.

The biggest change in the world would be less wars. Think about it. Most wars are start because of religion. One of the reasons people came to America back in the 1700s was because they wanted freedom of whatever religion they wanted.

Another great thing that would come about it would be that laws would be made on what is actually bad. For example, the most well known mostly religious law is the banning of gay marriage. I don't know if they would accept it or not, but the descions would be for science and what could hurt people.

Another would be no one would discrimanate about religions and whats better. It would be just one more thing people could hurt feelings about.

There are more, but i want to save it to keep the topic going.

Remember i'm not saying that religion in bad, i am just saying i think the world would be better. Please don't say stuff like," Well people would kill each other because the bible tells them now they can't." We all know, or most of us, that people can still follow basic human rules such as killing people. Just think if people would wake up and forget about religion.

Valid point but i think we need the hope... the hope that somewhere there is more, something better, at certain times somepeople absolutly have amazing lives and say they dont need something better, but somepeople's lives are still ok, but not amazing, and in religion each religion has some sort of better life, or afterlife that somepeople use to make them feal better if someone they know passes, or for example me, if I am feeling rather low or over worked and stressed, or just want to get something off my shoulders I would pray and I would feel better thinking that someone, something out there can hear you. also we all have those basic humanitarian rules but there are more through the bible, and teachings all over the world thatmake life easier for us, also it is nice to have that thought that we were created at one point all of a sudden and that there is a point to us being here

This is one of the biggest reasons why i am not religious. I do not want to live for someone else. I want to live for me and not for someone else. I want to live my life the way i want and make my own descions. And i can say i have not made any large mistakes like mudering someone just fine without a book telling me that, that is bad.

If you take care of someone, then you're probably living for someone else. If you truly are in it for yourself, you would not even dare help a rape victim who is being raped right in front of your eyes. When you help another person, you just crossed the line from living for yourself, to living for more than just yourself.

I believe strongly in no religion and i know that i will never convet someone who does believe in a religion. So, i do not push it on them. I might mention what i believe, but i do not go door to door and do not send emails and bulletins on myspace. I do nothing of the sort. I will defend what i believe, but only defend and never attack.

There's no possible way to not be in any religion. Afterall, didn't you say several posts back that you are either an atheist or an agnostic? Eventhough you did not specify which one, i'ma guess you're an atheist, only because of how similar you act like them. Eventhough you say you don't attack, you could very well be attacking during your defense--even if it doesn't seem that way to you.

Plus, heaven is something you can not prove and your already dead when you go.

Correction: One is not dead when they go to Heaven, they are alive. You can't judge the dead. Though, you're probably thinking that the body is the person. However, the body is just a detachable thing. The spirit is the person.