xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Bandwidth Limit Almost Exceeded

Hi,I received an e-mail saying that my domain has reached to 80% of its bandwith and is about to exceed its banwidth limit. It told me to contact the system administrator as soon as possible. What am I supposed to do?

That's great man. It means many people are visiting or participating in your website. If you have that much of participation from users or visitors in your website why not upgrade it to paid hosting where you will have bigger space as well as bigger bandwidth? YOu can do this at Xisto - Web Hosting.com - cheap and affordable yet having all the features one would have asked for a web hosting.I don't think admin will be able to help you except to suggest you to upgrade it to paid hosting. Otherwise, you have to wait till the end of the month for your site to rerun on the internet as the new month opens up new bandwidth allotment for your site. Anyways, please wait for admins.

PM'd this link to Buffalohelp.He may be able to do something for you. Don't know.Are you able to reduce your bandwidth by out-sourcing (?) some of your material? ie: getting images hosted elsewhere instead of your account space? or the Gallery here at the Trap?

The only thing I need trap 17 for is to host some music files and video files. Image files or the other things such as ftp I don't need. Is it possible to get more bandwidth in exchange for taking out some of the features that comes with my webspace such as the image hosting, ftp, chatroom etc.?? Or maybe taking these things out will help make my bandwidth last longer??

Music files and video files are so large in size that you will naturally run out of your bandwidth limit quickly. Either you will need to reposition your hosting files or move to Xisto - Web Hosting.com for even larger bandwidth usage limit.We currently have only two plans for free web hosting and the plans are fixed as of this moment. No trade ins for an exchange for something else.Perhaps you could look into music or video file hosting places to lighten the load on your Xisto bandwidth.

agreed their are hundred of file hosting sites I would recommend filefront.com the msot cuz unlike other sites unlimited space and file upload and no bw limit as well.The only downside to filefront you have to find the right download link sometimes its slow and sometimes its not. But its better then those that limit file size and space.

If you want to keep your site active, you can anytime shift to paid hosting and get your site moved to Xisto - Web Hosting.com

You need to upgrade or buy hosting form Xisto . some problems :1 - big image2 - Big files like mp3,zip,PSD or ....3 - bad design ( design by photoshop and all the page is image )4 - big quality image* for design you must convert image to low quality , for this user adobe photoshop , for change image quality