xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
doran

Remote Shutdown

Hey everyone heres a tutorial on how to shutdown a computer remotley from another desktop, but they have to be on the same lan. Any ways this is great for using at school to shutdown other kids and or teachers computers and give yourself a laugh.

here is the code that you type in Ms_DOS for windows. If your school has blocked that feature download the command prompt toolbar:

shutdown -s -f -m \\IPOFOTHERCOMPUTER t- 00

just change the ipofothercomputer to the actual ip adress of the other computer. You can do much other stuff like restart it but the syntax is below.

Usage: shutdown [-i | -l | -s | -r | -a] [-f] [-m \\computername] [-t xx] [-c "comment"] [-d up:xx:yy]

No args Display this message (same as -?)

-i Display GUI interface, must be the first option

-l Log off (cannot be used with -m option)

-s Shutdown the computer

-r Shutdown and restart the computer

-a Abort a system shutdown

-m \\computername Remote computer to shutdown/restart/abort

-t xx Set timeout for shutdown to xx seconds

-c "comment" Shutdown comment (maximum of 127 characters)

-f Forces running applications to close without warning

-d [p]:xx:yy The reason code for the shutdown

u is the user code

p is a planned shutdown code

xx is the major reason code (positive integer less than 256)

yy is the minor reason code (positive integer less than 65536)

I feel i should point out as a mildly responsible adult, that you should only do this if the person in question isnt doind important work and/or hasnt saved their work. :)otherwise it could be amusing for a while.

Ya... this works, but a word of advice from me to you. If you're at school don't try it there, you'll get suspeneded if they catch you, trust me :) . Anyhoo it's fun tho

You can shoutdown with remote desktopat first login with remote desktop at pc then at start menu you can find Taskmanager then click at security options ,at taskmanager go at shoutdown menu then you can turn off pc with remote .after click at turn off your remote connection was disconnect

it didnt work for nme?? sob sob sob, i cant work it out anyone posting a video or picture tutorial would be brillianti think it must have been something i did because it just coming up with the same thign over and over agian, i really wana do it so i cna annoy my little sister so much because she woudl be like, omg wat has happedn and id bee like ha ha ha ha ha ha ha loser, but anyho anyone who wishes to post a real tutorial of this in action then that would be brilliant, thanks guy please post a picture tutorial, thankls

Accessed Denied for shutdown commandRemote Shutdown

hi everyone

I tried for this command in my college computer lab's LAN it shows access denied. Can any one help me to over come from this problem