xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moolkye

Make Money With Photos Shutterstock.com

Here is the link for this site. I do not know if it has been mentioned yet or not, but at pay rate of $0.25 per downloaded pic, it's a pretty neat site.

In order to sign up you need to either upload a scanned image of your Driver's License or Passport, Or Put a Credit Card on there to verify whether a $1.00 can go through.

http://submit.shutterstock.com/index.mhtml

It seem kind of cool, and you might be able to make some decent money. But the pics HAVE to be yours.

Neat way to uplaod Grafix, Photos and Raw Video Footage(they just added that one).

Hope you like it.

Yeah shutterstock is pretty neat. I haven't uploaded any pictures yet, but I'm considering it. I wouldn't expect the big bucks though unless you're a professional photographer. You need really good pics and lots of them to make some money, just your vacation shots won't do it.

Hahahahahaha"Here's me losing my drawers jumping into the pool""Oh, here's me falling off the balcony at the hotel!""He's aunt Judy, drunk as heck and puking!"HAHAHAHAH vacation pics

Hey thats a pretty cool site. Ive seen similar sites but i never actualy thought to do that even though im a photographer myself. Well hobby photographer but i think that those 25 cent sites just arnt worthit. I mean i dont think you can get a lot of money with it in the long run and you dont get credited a lot for your work when someone does pay 25 cents to use your high quality photo. What id like to see is some statistics. How many members there are that submit photos as stock and how many of them actualy sell. Then maybe in percent how many make more then 5 dollars a month/ 10 dollars/ 100 even. if you get what im saying. Then you can assess if its worth to put yout photos on that site or not Ofcourse it depends a lot on the quality of your photos but if you make good quality photos i dont think people should be able to buy a really high resolution version of them for ONLY 25 cents.

They will get more than what we are going to get. Somehow money will be made through this, but it won't be big enough to buy me a burger and two pieces of KFC chicken. I don't think it is worth doing this thing. Shutterstock will benefit more than you and I will be making any profit of sort. But if you believe that something is better than nothing, go ahead. best of luck.

Well then I guess I could start my own site like that huh? And make all the money that they are making from us. HANG ON!!!How about a SIG site like that? You start it out, then just charge people a fee for downloading and get designers to upload generic SIGs, and pay them like you do the photos.

I was excited until i checked out the most popular keywords:

Yeah...Almost pure comercialization. Then again, if that's your bag . . .

Yeah, i've seen this sight while browsing for pictures before. Unless you get awesome photos, don't bet on making a lot of money here.

Its worth a try.. i have some nice pics from my vacations.. am going to give this a shot!