xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnGeL KiSS

When Will The Dns Take Effect?

Will the DNS server take effect in the next few days? Because I changed the DNS server to trap and its right but when I tried changing subdomain to domain to says this:

User Data Verfied Successfully!Changing password..
This can take time...
Please be patient..(Do not hit Reload or Back). This can take a lot of time.. Please be very patient..

Connecting...
Domain Change Failed!

This wasn't the first time I tried, will it take a few days?
And if I change subdomain to domain does it mean my info will turn to vanillaskye.org like my ftp info will be ftp.vanillaskye.org?

I went to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and the site is up. Also, a whois search confirms that the nameservers are set to:

Name Server:NS1.TRAP17.COM
Name Server:NS2.TRAP17.COM

So Tracey, I think you already have everything set properly. Are you referring to the section in cpanel for subdomains? That is to add subdomains such as cherry.vanillaskye.org. After creating a subdomain and you ftp into your account, you'll see a folder called "cherry" (using this example). I hope I'm on the same page, if not, just give me a shap slap and wake me up. :)

usually when changing dns it takes up to 3 days best thing to do is check your site periodicaly to see if it shows up.If you are using your trap account for parking domains best thing to do is park your domain throug the cpanel and it should be done automatically.Also when people go through your trap.com url, the url will do redirection into your domain account.now for your ftp it will be same ftp address that is given for your Xisto account. it won't change once you park your domain to your Xisto account. think of th ftp as a unique address that can only be used 1 once.Any other questions make sure to post them here or you can pm me and I could help you out with parking your domain.

So far this is what I know:Your domain change has failed, as the message says, but the domain http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ leads to temp page. However, vanillaskye.org lead to your Xisto sub-domain. This tells me that your A Name is also changed instead of just nameserver. ORG domains are bit fussy that way. Please check your domain name control for correct nameserver and make sure nothing else is touched.

So far this is what I know:
Your domain change has failed, as the message says, but the domain http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ leads to temp page. However, vanillaskye.org lead to your Xisto sub-domain. This tells me that your A Name is also changed instead of just nameserver.

ORG domains are bit fussy that way. Please check your domain name control for correct nameserver and make sure nothing else is touched.

The DNS nameservers are correct, I just went to try the change again but it's the same thing, it failed. :\

apparently resolved already. quote from site:

13 May 2006Vanillaskye.org
22 Comments
YAY, vanillaskye.org up and set up! I thought I wouldn't get this domain up til probably Sunday or Monday but ITS UP ON SATURDAY, TODAY! :):)

closed.