xisto Community
matto

Light In A Mirrored Room Would light keep on reflecting forever if put into a mirrored room?

The idea was that turning the light on, then off, if it would be able to continuously reflect. We now know that this is not possible. And if the light was inside the mirrored room it would work even less, because the light bulb would not reflect the light back (though that wouldn't be a problem if the light was on, but then the whole point would be violated. with a light on inside the room it is the same as a light being on outside the room except brighter), and hence absorb some of the light so when you did turn the light bulb off it would end up absorbing most of the light.

It depends I think on how strong the light is, or the strength of the light source because eventually the light would reflect so much it wouldn't be able to go on I'd imagine. I don't know much about the physics of lights myself but that I believe to be a reasonable assumption. What I'm more interested is standing in such a room. One made up completly of mirrors on all sides. That would be crazy to stand in and look around in because everything would look like one big tunnel in all directions it would make your head hurt most definitly.MIB had the idea right when they made a room completly white so it looked like it had no walls or end.