xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnGeL KiSS

Hosting A Domain?

You cannot host a domain with the free web hosting services provided here. This is a web hosting provider. You will need to approach the domain registrar to get your domain registered and your domain name will be stored and point to the name servers.Since you've registered a domain, you can cofigure your domain to point to your web host. Here is where you can get a free web hosting account.

If you're asking can you use your domain name purchased with Xisto hosting account, the answer is yes. Please be specific with your question so that there isn't any confusion to your question.You can either have the purchased domain name to be your main domain name. This advantage/disadvantage has been discussed in topic "Parked domain or addon domain" please refer to it. To change your hosting account to link with your purchase domain, go to the PROCESS page and change your domain/sub-domain name. And, access your domain DNS control and change nameserver to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com.Your second option is to just "addon domain" using your cPanel. This will create a folder in your dictation and have a full hosting under your Xisto hosting account. Please refer your question to "Parked domain vs Addon domain" for further discussion.

I mean I have a domain and I want to have it hosted.Do you guys host domains for free?Like it comes IN the Xisto (example- my account)i'm sorry if this isn't well explained -- im sorta a "domain newbie."im trying my best to explain myself.. :)

Refer to BuffaloHELP's post, Angel Kiss.

You can either have the purchased domain name to be your main domain name. This advantage/disadvantage has been discussed in topic "Parked domain or addon domain" please refer to it. To change your hosting account to link with your purchase domain, go to the PROCESS page and change your domain/sub-domain name. And, access your domain DNS control and change nameserver to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com.

Notice from rejected:
Topic closed