xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint-michael Job S Bust! their loss :( :(

goodluck to you Saint-Michael. I am also trying to look for a job as a webdesigner/graphic artist, but I am having hard times loking for a company or group that would hire me. People here in the Philippines are very particular about college degree, and since I am a university drop-out and just relying on my skills to apply for a job (even though I am more skilled than those people with college degrees) I still cannot find a decent job.

Awesome! That is so cool. Great to know that you are out there on the streets :) No just kidding really. Work from home? Sounds great. I do that kind of. I do freelance writing like webcontent, and well, anything. But we are talking about you, as long as you can work for our safety, I mean,.. er your safety, from a cage, then good luck! :) Okay enough jokes. So you would be doing gaming design? Or web design. Either one is cool. I prefer writing, but we all have are preferances. Hey that is awesome and I hope you get the job. I will be, if it is any comfort to you, praying for you. Good luck.

@boyCradle I feel for you, it funny how these big business want people who have a college degree in web design to hire, which is bs, since most people including me have done it for a long time without hte need of schooling.Right now i didn't get anything back from them so I thought i send a check up email just in case.

Well its been 3 days when they were to contact me so I think this job is bust, its their loss, just feel bum about it.

Oh man. That is awful! Bad employers. You should have had the job. even though schooling is not needed half the time, it does look good. That is too bad though. their loss. I wanted to work ata place this summer, but they turned me down too. Man! Some employers just don't know what they are missing. It is crazy! sometimes I think they don't know how to pick people for the right jobs. Maybe another time? Oh well. Hey good luck Job searching. If it is any help, you can take on some awesome jobs at craigslist.org. They have a web design area for each city/area, and have some good paying jobs.

Ah well, better luck next time SM. I think there should be quite a few of those kinds of jobs around right? At least in the IT/design sort of area, especially if you're willing to start out small and move up.

yeah they are total BS! They do not know how much they are losing for not hiring people like us.Just keep waiting for their calls, maybe they are still on the process of reviewing and deliberating about your portfolio. for the meantime try applying for another company, in case they would not like to hire you. Try doing more websites to add for your portfolio, create some for your close friends for free just to add up something as your works. Goodluck!!

thanks and no their are not to many computer jobs where i live I would have to move up north to make it even possible but of course you need apeice of paper telling you that you an do this. For all I know it was some 40 year old fat bald guy with a college degree XP.