xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blue Lightning

School's Blocking System. Its not the smartest of things

why do they block evrything

School's Blocking System.

my school blocks almost everything.. And I don't get it.. When we have to do reserchis for a school we can barely get on anything to get the information...And about the onlythings they don't block is yahoo, yahoomail and youtube, why no those ones people could easily get on yahoo and have people email them there just like myspace so why block it??

-reply by tanya shaffer

I think that if kids arent aloud to check their email then teachers shouldnt be aloud to either. Thats not fair to us kids. So I think that kids should have the same freedoms as teachers do just cause there older doesnt mean there the boss of us. I believe that kids only truly have two bosses and thats their mom and dad so there for u really don't have to listen to your teachers lol-reply by kristine collins

do schools really think this is helping, they have blocked the wrong sites but now even the right sites are being blocked, I think the government has gone to far and should think more carefully about how this is effecting our education, all they are doing is making us hate them more, if they really want our attention then they should be a little more carefully about there decisions

-reply by Its My choice not yours

My school had myspace, facebook, and other networking sites filtered. I've tried anonymous surfing those sites that goes through proxies or whatever. i understand that the school computers are for education purposes so I don't really bother. To be suspended for logging on to myspace? not worth it. hehe

I don't know...They have added filter in the router.Here in macedonia on schools computers we don't have internet this year :P Few years ago we had internet and it was pretty fast because we have 20 computers.In our computers some kids are adding viruses and uninstalling anti-viruses.That is the hardest thing...The computer i use is infected with virus,so after logging in the keyboard stops working.You can simple write username or password but after logging it just beeps.It is not hardware mistake,it is virus.

I agreeSchool's Blocking System.

I totally agree I hate how the school blocks so many things. Like all things that are about games. It blocks a website that has articles about a game (no does not have a game just a whole bunch of articles ABOUT a game) it is really stupid.

getting by the schools firewallSchool's Blocking System.What you need:
at least 512MB USB thumb drive or CD/DVD (whatever works for the schools computers)

install Opera USB on you thumb drive or CD and run it on your school computer, it gets by most firewalls and speeds up the connection

if that doesn't work use the Tor I'm bundle for windows, it installs on a removable medium and it has firefox and pidgeon (an I'm client that lets you use almost any server; MSN, yahoo, etc.)
it's slow but it's worth it, plus it's undetectable cuz it connects to a different person from across the world each time
-reply by samin90