xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moolkye

Any Joomla Templates? hard to find these things without paying for em

I was wondering if anyone has worked on Joomla Templates. I would love to give it a shot, but I can't find a template that is easy to follow. That all automatically assume that you know everything up front. I mean I an a good graphics artist, and a good web site designer, and good computer tech. but they make it so dang difficult. Maybe it's just my ADD :)

Actually, creating a Joomla template is really easy. I work with Joomla! most of the time and create site mostly in Joomla!

The best example you can follow is the basic Joomla! template. But, I'm guessing you already tried that so here is an easy way to do it.

First, create a template like you normally would, but make sure you use more CSS than HTML (this makes it easier in the future).

What I do is basically have 5 divs:

- container (to hold the whole template together)

- header

- content

- left/right bar (or both)

- footer

Then, adjust your template by floating the divs and setting it up.

Then create your images and graphics for the site like you normally would and create the whole template.

NOW, Joomla! templates use a particular format. ITS VERY SIMPLE:

In the place where you want the main body (content) add the following:

<?php mosMainBody() ?>

And then, you can set custom positions for the modules using the code:

<?php mosLoadModules ('PositionName'); ?>

After you create your template, you have to set the Module Positions in Joomla! by Going to Site >> Template Manager >> Module Positions

To help you understand this better, I've included an image here:

Posted Image

In the image above, I used four divs and added the for php codes that Joomla! requires. Now, you have to try and understand how JOomla! generates menus and modules and style them using CSS.

If you want to see an example of a Joomla! template you can visit the site in my SIG!

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

I was wondering if anyone has worked on Joomla Templates. I would love to give it a shot, but I can't find a template that is easy to follow. That all automatically assume that you know everything up front. I mean I an a good graphics artist, and a good web site designer, and good computer tech. but they make it so dang difficult. Maybe it's just my ADD ;)

thanks so much for useful info

comparatif simulation taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la prise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un pr?t automobile donne.comparatif simulation taux pret auto

Wow... thanks for the information, even though I didn't start the post first...I'll be using Joomla!, and this information will be very helpful when I start...Thanks a lot.

Actually, creating a Joomla template is really easy. I work with Joomla! most of the time and create site mostly in Joomla!

The best example you can follow is the basic Joomla! template. But, I'm guessing you already tried that so here is an easy way to do it.

First, create a template like you normally would, but make sure you use more CSS than HTML (this makes it easier in the future).

What I do is basically have 5 divs:

- container (to hold the whole template together)

- header

- content

- left/right bar (or both)

- footer

Then, adjust your template by floating the divs and setting it up.

Then create your images and graphics for the site like you normally would and create the whole template.

NOW, Joomla! templates use a particular format. ITS VERY SIMPLE:

In the place where you want the main body (content) add the following:

<?php mosMainBody() ?>

And then, you can set custom positions for the modules using the code:

<?php mosLoadModules ('PositionName'); ?>

After you create your template, you have to set the Module Positions in Joomla! by Going to Site >> Template Manager >> Module Positions

To help you understand this better, I've included an image here:

Posted Image

In the image above, I used four divs and added the for php codes that Joomla! requires. Now, you have to try and understand how JOomla! generates menus and modules and style them using CSS.

If you want to see an example of a Joomla! template you can visit the site in my SIG!

Hope this helps ;)

That's really useful for anyone learning to make a template for Joomla. There's just so much in it, and thanks for the help even though you answered the topic's question thats a really robust and explanatory answer.

@TS you can try using RocketThemes they have some great themes, and come out once a month, make sure to get a good plan though!