xisto Community
D.BOY

Goooooooooooogle

It has probably come to your mind to open a web site with goooooooooooogle.com as a domain name. Well, if you haven't, you did now But no, somebody has thought of that earlier - Google! Try this two links and see where they lead:https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=RtwwVPiMFKiH8QfO1YHABQ&gws_rd=ssl - 3 letters "o"http://wwwgoggle.com/ - 5 letters "o" Yes, both lead to Google :) It's interesting, however, that Goooogle (4) doens't lead to Google :) As far as I got, there are no more google domains - only the 3 and 5 letter ones.

Well even if you wanted to purchase the other domain names like gooooooogle.com or what not, it is illegal to use them since the name google is copyrighted and therefore you are infringing. If you had the name before they came out or before the copyright you would be ok with it.

No google is copyrighted but gooooooooogle isn't the same thing as google, it's compleatly diffrent, now google might try to buy your domain or something like that, or even try in court, but gooooooooogle is diffrent from google.

Wow.. I never know google.com has domains like gooogle.com and whatsoever. Where you guys know these alternatives and easter eggs from? Thanks D.BOY for this interesting thread..

Google probably just sets up for those domains to redirect to google because they are, umm, "popular" numbers. I dont really know how to say it.This got me thinking, do you think Google with 5 letters is copyrighted?

if a new domain come out then you should seriously consider buyin g"google" in it first and get loads of free traffic."google" in several other free domains is still available. there may eb acopyright issue though...