xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
simon0033

What Would Be A Good Site For The Net? Something that would excite people

Isnt that the question everyone asks themselve? If i had a good idea, i probably would already have a hit site that is making me a good amount of money. Instead, i have a site that draws no revenue. Good luck getting an idea.

Well personally i would have some kind of dynamic, or changing content. For example a forum, a decent blog, or what i think is one of the best ways is to add a place where people can get their own stuff on the net. Like a gfx submission page, or a poetry/articles/other text submission page etc...People love to get their stuff on the net, why else would half of us have websites?! So i think thats a good way to get repeat visitors.As for getting more unique visititors thats a tough one....people are all different....Remember to list well in search engines but other than that i dont know...

I always have the same problem, I'm not sure if this will help you, but I have found that most of the forums I make attract no members, because they cover every topic, however, lately I've found that specialized forums, like lets say a forum that is JUST about politics or a forum that is JUST about anime will attract way more visitors than a forum that covers everything including a section for anime and a section for politics. But that's only me, does anyone else feel the same?Which brings up the question I've been trying to tackle, what must I do to my forums to get members...

Personally, I'm going to attempt an e-zine one of these days. People like to hear other's stories if they are told well. For example, The Overnightscape (theovernightscape.com) consists mostly of the host, Frank Nora, relating tales of his everyday life and reviewing foods and beverages, and yet people (including myself) love to listen to him. He's not an abnormally intelligent, interesting, or amusing guy, but he knows how to talk and present content in a way that interests people. That's what's important.

That's the question everyone is thinking about. Even if they come up with the ultimate idea, they won't share it here, rather they will just launch it like Google, Yahoo and others did and with success. So, all of us here are driven by passion to make use of the internet and to make that big in this regard but probably haven't come up with any such sites or have just launched it. We don't know.Gossips of celebs and their news would be the easiest way to attract traffic but how we get the content is a big problem.

i have to tell about my idea...first of all i love writting lol it's said... :)now... i am planning with a friend of mine to host a site, already made, with atractive and bold look, for everyone who wants to share their ideas, poems, texts, citations and the like. a website were everything councerning to you is made by you. every line of everything related to you is made by you.i'm not talking about writting code, something not many writters can do, but saying that you introduce yourself by your own words, making available to the internet every work you want the way you like it, and organizing them your own way. it's a way to publicize great ideas, and good authors, and it's fun way of doing it... it's like having a chat :)that's what i'm going to try to create with the site i made for this host... let's see if it turns out the way we want it :Dcheers

Edited by sasuki (see edit history)

I have a few ideas:An online site for people who have lost shoes on the sides of roads. I mean have you ever been on a road and see a lonely shoe, and wonder where it came from?OrHow about a Forum devoted to Arguments. I have always seen peopel talking on forums about everything but what really gets people upset. You could set up categories like, Religion, Sex, Science, Light Beer versus Dark, etc. :)Of course none of these would work, but they are ideas. :)

I personally dont think what will excite vistors. i think of some thing that i enjoy then go from there if it excites people then bonus if it doesnt, they can move along. A site should be based on it's users but not defined by them. Pick something you enjoy, it will be alot easier to create and wont take as much research.

Edited by tdm (see edit history)

Well, I've gone one more step and specialized my forums even more, they're not radiohead forums, it's only been one day, but not much traffic, and no members. So I'm not quite sure what to tell you. Just try something really specialized, and know where to advertise, go somewhere the general population has the same interests in you.