xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savge17

New Template! For my Portfolio.

Well here is my template I designed for my new personal site!

Posted Image

I am having problems with the text. I want to make it look more smooth and bulgier I guess if that helps. dunno what to really do. But hey if goten this far! <_<

O yea and the banner is basically just like a sig so got any suggestions please do put them down.!

Turn anti-aliasing on for the text. That'll make it more smooth. As for bulgier, just increase the size and make it bold. Pretty small in width, though, don't you think? I think the bar inbetween, could use more of a gel/reflective feel.

As for a gel look to it. What should I do to make it look more like this? Maybe just softbrundge a little in white and then change the layer to overlay/softlight.-Yea the website is pretty small. I think its larger than that pic though. Atleast I think so. Its why i kinda hate photoshop, you cant really check your size to get what you really want without some trial and errors.

Edited by savge17 (see edit history)

Well finished design. Especially the banner look impressive. It looks good for a gaming site. The more the design is the better the heavier it becomes the site. It may take time to load the pages for those with not-so-fast internet connections.And also I think menu will look better without the table line being seen. Meaning you could put the table menu border as zero instead of black line.Very impressive design. Keep it up!

As for a gel look to it. What should I do to make it look more like this? Maybe just softbrundge a little in white and then change the layer to overlay/softlight.

An easy glossy/gel look can be achieved with just styles. It's just a combination of inner glow, gradients, and a inner drop shadow. Just gotta mess around with the settings and modes.

thanks. ill try to do my best. you see im working with only one hand now... :lol:

Posted Image

is that a good gel look? <_<

o yea. buttons might need some fixing up.

Edited by savge17 (see edit history)

The Template seems too dull for me actually. It is just a brush based logowith a render. and a solid color with scanlines for the bottom part. I mean there's no effects on this it is just a siple template. If that was the area you were lookingfor in this template it's good. Buti would not actually use it for any site. It is too dull for me. If you were using PS put on anti-Aliasing for the text. Like TF said. Or GIMP you can do the same actually. Well anyway i don't see the special affect on this sig. well kudosCya later

to be quit honest with u, it looks like u made it in paint shop pro,i'll give u a lil list what u could change and add on itchanges=-first of all make the banner smaller in height-second get the bevel,of ur content banner-get rid of the stripes in the content-change the text-blend render in and use more colors in ur banner,more layers more techniques-size of the templategood thing=- the text boxes with the bevel is actually pretty goodadd=-add more contant-add more colors- add smoothing to it- use more detail on ur bannerthats about it , if i think of more things i wil edited it, but this should be anough for u to work on tho