xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dazappa

Internet Cut Off From Me! from a self-emailing virus

Ah yes. I was completely ignorant download files here and there, and without protection. I of course didn't think I could ever get a virus, and it wasn't until later i realized how commonplace they actually are. So I just downloaded this really big file, and it was a game. Only thing was it didn't work. Later I realized that was the biggest slap in the face virus ever. Somehow it managed to email itself about 20 times without my knowing it. It appears to only mess up cd-rom drivers. But, someone complained to my ISP that I had given them a virus. So, the next day my internet was cut off and I was left with an email explaining a complaint. Well then I spent about $200 on norton and a professional firewall. I later scanned my computer for viruses and found about 30 of the juicy suckers. Probably a third of them were trojans. My warning to all of you: don't think you are protected. And scan at a minimum of once a week for viruses and spyware/adware. Best of luck to all of you and be safe!

oops! I understand how bad you must be feeling at this point of time but my suggestion is that before buying any product you must go through the forums and you'll find several antiviruses which are free and you dont have to pay even a single penny to use them.Anyway good for you that now you've got Norton and that you've learned a lesson that no one is safe on the internet without protection (infact worse..even if you have protection you are not 100% safe <_< )