xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Domain Name Changing Questions

Yes i now there are a ton of fourms about domain name chaning, but i could not find the answer to my specific question

so, the owner of the website i am co-webmaster of is planning on closing down his site, but visitors say i should keep it up...so i am going to....so to keep him from having to stay active on the forums to keep his credits up..i want to move it to my name...so, would i just go to https://support.xisto.com/ and change my domain name to hogwartsmagic.net and it will automaticly be switched over, or do i need to change his domain name first to a Xisto sub-domain name, then transfer hogwartsmagic.net to my name?? (yes he will also be terminating his account not just changing to a sub-domain...)

so theres my question hope someone can help <_< thanx

You would need to go the company who you bought hogwartsmagic.net from. Point the name servers to Xisto and then you can host it. You will need to addon a domain into your Xisto account if you will be hosting to different websites on your Xisto. I think your friend would need to cancel his Xisto before you try to host the same name. But I hope someone else knows about all that..Good luck..

Whoever has the control over the editing of the nameservice will have the final control over the domain name. Even you own the domain name, it will take about 24-72 hours for the domain name to be propagated through out the internet to synchronize with the new nameserver (which has been covered numerous times in the forum).Whatever you do, when you have to edit the nameserver to Xisto.com you will experience some down time while the propagation time frame.If you know that the domain name is pointing to Xisto.com, all you need to do is either change your hosting account domain to the domain name you're inheriting OR addon domain to your hosting account.

ok thenk you buffaloHELP, leeleelee, i allready know how to do that since it has allready been done, and it seems the second part is right so thank you :)this topic can be cloed any mod that reads this

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)