xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deneb Rhode

I Hate Hay Fever! It has becoming my life into a sneezing hell

By some months by now I am being plagued by this stupid disease, and I found (yet) no way to get rid of it. I keep most of my time sneezing and with my eyes swollen. I am taking some medication to control it (cortico-steroids included) but I still saw no result.The worst part of all this is that many people that see me coughing and sneezing, try to blame my cats for my annoying health state, and saying that i should get rid of them. They don't deserve it! My cats are my beloved pets, and yes, I have tested for cat allergy and the response was negative, so I am NOT allergic to cats! I try to explain this to people and nobody listens to me, they pretend that I am talking in ancient Aramaic, and keep talking "ooooh, that's the proof that cats are a real danger to the health, look at yourself, poor creature!"What is causing my sneezes is another thing, and I still could not identify what could be. It has started with the end of the summer (second half of February) and is driving me nuts!!!I really HATE HAY FEVER!!! <_<:lol::lol: Deneb :huh:

I have hay fever too and I also hate it. I only started having hay fever about two years ago. I now take eye drop and nasal sprays and they work fine for me. I have a pretty good air filter in my home so even if I don't take a medication I don't have hay fever symptoms indoors, only when I go outside. If the medication isn't working for you perhaps you should get a powerful air filter and just stay indoors as much as you can.

It?s very annoying but there are some medicines that should help. I?m not sure if I have hay fever (I suppose it?s some kind of allergic synthoms) but I?m allergic of dust insects and it?s horrible whenever I travel to the countryside or come back to the city. I take antistaminics lately when it happens to me and it works or at least makes it easier to carry on.

you mention that you are not allergiv to cats, but that doesn't mean they aren't contributing to your problem, cats gove off hair and other things that you can inhale and can mess with your insides. do you live in an area with a lot of pollution and things like that? have you tried spending a few days away from your life to see if that helps at all?

I dont have hay fever myself, but i've heard eating local honey can help, something to do with bee's collecting pollen or summet, i'm not an expert or anything so if you try it and it doesnt work dont blame me <_<

<_< I have it. You learn to live with it. You need a medication. My dad (a doctor) had me on Claritin, but it is so expensive. Use Equate instead. You can get 90 pills in a bottle for about $12. Super good! :lol: Hey good luck with your Hay Fever, you will get over it. Just takes time.

I agree with the above comment that you can get some anti histamine. There are two generations of anti histamine, the older generation of anti histamine makes you sleepy. Try to avoid that. Get the newer generation. They are non-sleepy and you can work while taking those drugs. If all these fail, try get some topical cortical steriod spray or something. Steriods are more potent and long lasting then anti histamine.

Ya know, maybe I am just incredibly lucky, but I am allergic to nothing, as far as I know. It has been a true blessing, because I see peopel who have allergies to pollen and hay fever and all those, and they look absolutly miserable. My sympathy is with you.

That is why I suggested Equate. Pick it up at Walmart, or Fred Meyer, or Meyers. They will carry it. I believe it is actually made by Kroger, but can't be sure. Anyway, quick, easy to take, and cheap :) You don't have to be miserable. Yeah Benadryl, I don't even think that is how to spell it, makes you sleepy, I used to take it all the time when I was realy little. But it was awful, so I use the generic pills now. Try it, your nose will love you for it! :)

I use Bee Pollen in Australia - we get alot of hay fever. It is expensive but works for me. If you have a Bee alergy I wouldnt use it though.Bee Pollen is the pollen produced by flowers that the honeybee returns to the hive. It consists of the heavier pollens, as opposed to the light airborne pollens that are commonly associated with allergies.Bee Pollen is highly nutritious. It is the main source of nutrient for the bees and their only source of protein. As it consists of most of the vitamins needed to sustain life Bee Pollen is often referred to as Nature?s Multivitamin.Bee Pollen also contains a wide range of minerals, enzymes, amino acids and folates.Clinical studies suggest that Bee Pollen reduces the symptoms associated with Hay Fever. It is also suggested that Bee Pollen desensitises the user to the allergic reactions of Pollen. One reason this may be is that Bee Pollen contains a flavonoid that inhibits the release of histamine in the body, thereby decreasing the allergic response.No demonstrated link exists between allergy to eating Bee Pollen and respiratory allergies to wind borne pollens. Allergic reactions to eating Bee Pollen are very rare but can involve swelling , heart palpitations and minor to moderate difficulty in breathing. Such reactions are generally not considered serious but if these occur then the product should not continue to be taken. Most adverse reactions, if they occur at all, are upset stomachs caused by the richness of Bee Pollen. To overcome this problem start with a small amount (say 1/4 teaspoon) and increase the amount over time.

I have allergies and in the spring over here, I get hit by them really badly for a few weeks. It doesn't last too long but it is enough to drive me insane. It comes complete with the sneezing, the runny/stuffy nose, the itchy eyes, the coughing...etc. It's awful. So I know what you're going through (as do millions of other people). It's a nuisance but I'm sure it'll go away eventually. Try checking allergy reports around your area, or consult a doctor and see if they can prescribe you something that will fit what you're going through. My doctor helped wonders. :) Good luck, and feel better!

I never realized so many people have hay fever. I live in such a small world. I have season round allergies. Sorry about my small rant. :) but I am sorry that they dont have much of a cure for you. Take care and good luck!