xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

2006 Nhl Stanley Cup Playoffs Sabres Vs Senators its not just a playoff for my city

Could I be jinxing Buffalo's luck by making this post? But then again, I never carried a rabbit foot, four leaf clover or kissed a wishing rock hanging up-side-down before.But I have to tell you, I feel very good things for Sabres this year! Or maybe I feel good because the whole town is filled with uplifting spirit--a hope that Sabres might actually win this year. My town's been filled with disappointments past few years. Buffalo Bills failing to pull it through after so many attendance at the Super Bowl really did not help anything to place faith on Buffalo's anything. But when Sabres won the 1st round against Philadelphia I mean I think the whole town was in a state of shock! <_< Sabres' rocky start of the season didn't really boost anyone's confidence. But now it's like anywhere I walk in, Sabres this and Sabres that... if I "flare" my words right, I can get the whole bar going and get the bartender to ring "drinks are on the house" bell :lol:Although I do not follow many sports I'll be watching Sabres this time. This Friday will be the 1st game with Ottawa Senators. I have been doing some last minute search and cramming on Senators and boy, they have been crushing Sabres all the time! But according to the stats, it was during the normal season. Oh I hope that during playoffs it's different. Either that, Sabres might show up at the ice with tails between the legs... and that won't be good.

The Playoffs is a whole new season, Buff...Look at Edmonton vs Detroit. (insert Oilers Plug Here ) Based on Regular season stats, there is no way the Oilers should've taken that series in 6 games. I was fortunate to be living in Edmonton during the 80's and this team reminds me of the early Oilers. Youth, speed, totally unpredictable how the game is going to end. 4 goals in the Third period to win the last game of the series. Awesome. I'm pulling for the Sabres, too. ( in the East, only )

BUFFALO!!! YEAH! I can't believe Buffalo Sabres actually did play well! The sportsbar where I watched the last game went nuts, drinks were on the house and my bill for the night was comped by the manager. What a night, what a game! I'm not sure if I'm more happy I didn't pay a single dime tonight or I'm actually happy that Buffalo is doing something that can be recognized nationally :)They said young and unknown team players were not going to be any good in the beginning of the season. Well eat my shorts! ha ha ha. Perhaps it takes team of unknown players to shake things up. Whoa boy!

And to think that they had the player that scored the Game/ Series winning goal down in the Minors at the start of the season and offered on waivers for a measly $62, 000. That single goal alone was worth ten times that since they get another series, minimum two Home games, and how much does that bring to the Team?Congrats to the Sabres for a terrific series.