xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elevenmil

Show Sig Once In Topics

Thank you, elevenmil.Do you think some signatures are slowing down loading of our forum? Because once the 1st signature is loaded, the rest of the same signature is just an echo of the first load unless the next page is viewed. This means, once a signature "picture" is loaded, the same picture does not take additional time to be loaded since it resides in your cache.And the new board version features to turn "off" a signature as per reply. But I'll run this by OpaQue and see what he says. Thanks again, 11

My take on this topic is that some Siggies are getting quite large and I would prefer if the members would modify their sig blocks to a smaller, friendlier format.

Thank you, elevenmil.
Do you think some signatures are slowing down loading of our forum? Because once the 1st signature is loaded, the rest of the same signature is just an echo of the first load unless the next page is viewed. This means, once a signature "picture" is loaded, the same picture does not take additional time to be loaded since it resides in your cache.

And the new board version features to turn "off" a signature as per reply. But I'll run this by OpaQue and see what he says.

Thanks again, 11

Well I installed this at IPBG and I think it seemed to help. It seems as if IE would load images from top to bottom of the page and it took alot longer than it does now after I installed the mod. What you said about loading images and cache is probably true, but I liked the results so just thought I'd pass it by you <_<

But if we look at the membership ratio, Trap obviously has many different posters for a particular thread in comparison to our forums where our membership is alot lower and many members post more than once or twice on a particular page. In addition, we show 20 posts per page in comparison to Trap's 10. Basically it can be said that with your set up and many more members posting in threads, you won't have the situations I settled at IPBG where sometimes we'll have one member post 5-6 times on one page of a thread.

I think another advantage of this is having a much cleaner page, less images = happiness to me. Sometimes it's annoying to scroll past sig after sig...