xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BooZker

Php Error On Forum Fatal Error

Hi i'm VERY new to PHP and i got this error in my forum and i have no idea how to fix it. Can someone help me?Here is the error:Fatal error: Call to undefined function: template_button_strip() in /home/boozker/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 219My forum address is boozker.trap17.com/forumI just set up the forum today that's why there is no posts or anything. If someone could help that would great. Remember i am new so please don't use a bunch of jargon i don't know. ThanksBooZker

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

Never worked with that particular Forum before, but I would be tempted to un-install it and then re-install the Forum. Might just be a bad install. Looks like you missed a file on the install. If you modded the template, did you move any files or fail to add any? Check to see if you mis-spelled any filenames? Particularly the one that is throwing the error: Load.php?

Well is it case sensitive? The file is there. And it is the exact directory. I did however change the theme and logo. The logo is the same size and same extension (.gif) I moved just the theme folder like it said to do in the /forum/Themes/Anyone else know? I'll uninstall it if no one answers soon though.

Did you remove the default theme? If so, reupload that and see if it works, and also make sure that you have not accidentally moved, deleted or renamed a file. Also, are you certain that you did any permission changes that were required? This can sometimes cause weird problems, so check the installation files for CHMOD permissions. Alternatively, there is a support board here that may be able to help you out.

Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

I've just visited it and it seems to be loading perfectly. I am presuming that you have managed to fix the problem. Remember, it is best to have everything default, even the theme, until you are certain that it works, then you can start changing logos, themes and other files.

I went back and it still dosnt work. It loads fine, but it has that error. And i think i'm going to get rid of that theme because i can find the Post New Topic buttons. No i never changed any permissions, or deleted any default files. This theme could be a dud Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

On what page does the error occur. I'm in the same boat that the forum indeed does load correctly.Remember the error message tells you exactly what is wrong. You need to go to line 219 of the file mentioned and look for the source of the issue.Also, take the advice of uninstalling and reinstalling the forum. In doing so, if A. you don't get the error, you know it's a bad install, and B. if you do the reinstall, and it works fine, but doesn't after you make changes, then you know you're goofing up when making those changes.

Just visited and it looks good.Different Theme. so i assume you did a re-install. Also, I did a w3c.org check and the SMF Forum validates as xhtml 1.0 Transitional with 0 errors. That is pretty good. IPB doesn't validate.

Yah i'm looking for a different theme now. I tried reinstalling it. It dosnt work. The other themes work great. Thanks for the help though. If anyone else has had problems with this theme put it in my forum. You can even upload the corrected file in my forum. I made my forum so that there is freedom to any file extension.