xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
trace-uk

Free Pixel Ads!

Hi,

I just found a website similar to that fanous milliondollarhomepage.com that sold pixel ads for $$$$. The only difference is that his one is giving them away for free. all you need is a paint package to design a short ad. Save it in .gif format as the site seems to have some trouble with .jpg images.

I think it's a decent twist to the usual website directories <_<

http://www.myadspace.org/

What'd you lot think?

Thanks,
Andy

It's interesting that no one has taken advantage of it yet.

People have taken advantage of it, you just have to select the right country first. It's great to see people using these systems for free advertising and it should be interesting to see how quickly the space fills up.

does these kind of free advertising service actually work effiecently? I mean, who would willing to put the ads on their site if it doesn't bring them any benefit? There might be a few, but that still wouldn't help much.ehh.. i have never tried advertising my site because it's too much hassle.. and i don't know if i'm ready to open the site up for public. I still feel strange because my form was unintentionally designed for friends and family, but i guess i need to start keeping it at a public level.

the reason I put my link up was so that I didn't miss out on free advertising like I did when the milliondollarhomepage was first set up and when ads on that billion visitors page was only like $3 and ended up $100!!

I don't think those types of sites are very effective for advertising with the exception of the original. People purchased ad space on the original site because it was unique, no one had come up with this idea before. Also, the original site had a lot of publicity from all sorts of media. Now there are so many of these clones on the web that interest has been lost.