xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Florisjuh

Bluesecurity Anti spam blablabla

BlueSecurity advertises itself as a method to counter-act spam, today I received an email, which looks very suspicious (Which isnt from BlueSecurity btw). Has anyone received an email like this as well? I already de-installed BlueSecurity ages ago because the program made my Firefox crash very often, but emails like this make me scared, really scared. Seeing they can obtain my email because I'm signed up for BlueSecurity, I wonder what spammers would and also could, do with it.

She was coming down the hallway now.One was suspending something (the typewriter came immediately to mind) over the door so she would be killed or knocked unconscious when she came in..
Hey,

You are recieving this email because you are a member of BlueSecurity (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).

You signed up because you were expecting to recieve a lesser amount of spam, unfortunately, due to the tactics used by BlueSecurity, you will end up recieving this message, or other nonsensical spams 20-40 times more than you would normally.

How do you make it stop?

Simple, in 48 hours, and every 48 hours thereafter, we will run our current list of BlueSecurity subscribers through BlueSecurity's database, if you arent there.. you wont get this again.

We have devised a method to retrieve your address from their database, so by signing up and remaining a BlueSecurity user not only are you opening yourself up for this, you are also potentially verifying your email address through them to even more spammers, and will end up getting up even more spam as an end-result.

By signing up for bluesecurity, you are doing the exact opposite of what you want, so delete your account, and you will stop recieving this.

Why are we doing this?

Its simple, we dont want to, but BlueSecurity is forcing us. We would much rather not waste our resources and send you these useless mails, but do not believe for one second that we will stop this tirade of emails if you choose to stay with BlueSecurity.
Just remember one thing when you read this, we didnt do this to you, BlueSecurity did.

If BlueSecurity decides to play fair, we will do the same.

We are quite sure you will think this will not continue, that we will not continue wasting our resources doing this, feel free to wait out the first 48, or the second, and see whether these stop, you will be quite suprised.

If you have another email under the protection of bluesecurity, and have not recieved this there, do not worry, you will soon enough.

We mightve had your email addresses before in our lists, but now, we are targetting YOU, because YOU are a bluesecurity user.

You might also notice, that the BlueSecurity site(http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) is down..

Just remove yourself from BlueSecurity, and make it easier on you.

Shelby Castaneda

"She got him into bed and he was asleep in three minutes.The gotta, as in: "I know I should be starting supper now hell be mad if its TV dinners again but I gotta see how this ends.

Im signed up with bluesecurity and nothing like this has happened yet. I think what it is is some spam company is getting peeved with all stuff sent to them by blue security telling them to stop so theyre resorting to almost blackmail to stop people using bluesecurity. One thing you could do is report the emails to your email provider and see what they do about it. Also if you still have the account at blue security you should report it to them. They do warn about emails like this because they know spammers will get peeved that their low tactics arent working because of blue security. Just report them to your email provider and if possible to blue security. <_< Most importantly dont reply to them (as it gives away the fact that your email address is valid so you receive more) and dont give them anything personal

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)