xisto Community
FLaKes

Stingrays Hurt.!

I was just vacationing in mazatlan this weekend, until a sting ray decided to turn my vacations into a 1 legged vacation. I was just going inside the ocean, and suddenly I felt as if something sharp had stabbed my foot, It hurted and it immediately started to bleed. I immediately told my uncle and my aunt as I was leaving the ocean, they saw the blood, and when they pressed the injury a whole lot of blood squirted out. Thats when they realized it was something more than serious, maybe something sharp had cut through an important artery or veing inside my foot because I was bleeding like a fountain.They told me to lay on the floor with my foot up in the air while they where pressing the injury to stop the bleeding. As soon as it started bleeding they helped me into the van and took me to the nearest hospital, where they told me it was not a sharp object that had cut through my foot, it was a stingray. Its the most painfull thing that has ever happened to me, that things poison hurts a lot, It hurts like 10 times the pain of the extraction of the back molars, and believe me, my molars hurted a lot when they were extracted cause they had to get broken up a lot, it took me like an hour and a half for each freakn molar.If you ever get bitten by a sting ray be prepared for a whole lot of pain that will last for about 2 hours, depending on how you react to the shots that supposedly take the pain away. Freakn things never had any effect on me. Stingray poisoning is like a torture. <_<

Geez, sorry to hear that. Has it completely stopped now? How far out were you and where on the leg were you bitten though? Because I've always wondered where it hurts more and where it hurts less... and where I could expect to be bitten by a stingray. it sucks that it ruined your vacation.... Or were you still able to enjoy yourself?