xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
IniX

How To Get High Quality Gif Images In Flash

Step 1- Make the AnimationGet your animation ready. Make sure not to use any Movie Clips with self contained animation for it will be lost in the conversion to an animated gif.Step 2- Publish SettingsNow that you have your animation you need to go to Publish Settings under File.Now uncheck all of the boxes except for gif. This will not effect you if you usually preview your movies by the Test Movie feature. If you do use Publish to preview your movies, simply recheck the .swf box after this tutorial.Now click the only remaining Gif tab at the top of the box. Now make sure you have all of these statistics...Dimensions- Match MoviePlayback #1- AnimatedPlayback #2- Loop continuouslyOptions #1- OptimizeOptions #2- SmoothTransparent- Opaque (Will auto set to 128 colors most likely)Dither- NonePalette Type- AdaptiveMax Colors- 99999Step 3- PublishGo to File then Publish.Good Luck!

Oh my God! I don't usually reply to forums but this ones amazing. Ive bin trying to get ma gif to high quality for my myspace for the last like 3 days and most of today. Converters and many other programs cudnt do it. And you did so easily.! amazing-reply by daniel

Omg thx

How To Get High Quality Gif Images In Flash

I've been needing help on this so thank you so much! This is like the only good flash totorial website out there. You are added to my favorites!

-reply by adam

Amazing, yes!How To Get High Quality Gif Images In Flash

I have to say I was kind of skeptic after so many tries and searches... Even more as it was just too simple!

Well, for who ever gets through Google or any other into this page, it does work.

Dearest Inix, THANKS!

-reply by Fernando

where is the saved published image How To Get High Quality Gif Images In FlashThnx .. Nice methodPut where it publishes the image on the drivers or where it save it ??-question by eng.and

To save the picture on your desktop...How To Get High Quality Gif Images In Flash

You just have to go to the formats tab, Then you click the yellow folder near the name of the GIF, Then you select desktop (or wherever you want to save it) and press okay, then you just press publish and it saves it to your desktop, Hoped I help...

-Zach

Thanks the tips worked out great. Alls well with the images, but the text muddled up all over the stage. I suggest creating the text in AI and importing into FLA as outlined text. 

Smooth sailing from there.

-reply by Robert M

gif export issueHow To Get High Quality Gif Images In Flash

settings gave me a great quality .Gif although I have one problem. I have an animation of an elf walking a reindeer. When I publish the .Gif the elf's head is missing. The head is a graphic just like every other piece of the animation. There are no real differences that I have found so far between the head graphic and all of the other graphics in the scene. This issue only happens when I export as a .Gif. If I publish a swif then everthing works just fine. Please help with this issue, I am completely out of ideas.

-reply by veered

gif publish - text problemHow To Get High Quality Gif Images In Flash

Heya, awesome, this fixed my colours/resolution problem.

BUT what I find when I publish is that my text (which is currently centre-aligned) gets shoved to the right... No matter what I do I can't seem to fix it! Any suggestions?

-reply by biodagar

I don't think it works for me...

I did everything you said but when I open the published gif, it's all white.

I would like to give more details of the problem but there is nothing more to say...It's just white.

I also tried with export (not publish) and I get this kind of quality: image. Who clearly sucks.

Any tips?

ps: I'm new to flash so go easy on me :)

Thank you !How To Get High Quality Gif Images In Flash

This was something I have been searching for

since a very long time. Thank you for sharing 

it out with us ! 

-reply by Hoocrax