xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itsmyard

My 1st Tabbed Browser Has Few Errors Help Me Spot It

Hey here this is a browser made by me

Includes google search bar and tabbed browsing cool?? its better than IE 6.0

But mine has a few runtime errors if a debug msg comes press NO

This one cool always same the two + and - buttons r for tab browsing click the + to open another tab and - to close the tab

This browser was made by me and its free to distribube

Pls report errors in this thread

Download Link Click Here

Edit: Runtime error only happens when going to my website

Renders IE

Still in BETA - need u to test it too

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Edited by itsmyard (see edit history)

While I think it's quite admirable that you've developed your own browser, wouldn't it be better to eliminate all runtime errors before releasing it? And how standards-compliant is it? Which rendering engine is it based on or have you created your own from scratch?

also what about security features as well. I don't think to many people are going to download or even try it out if its not protected from viruses and other bad stuff.But yeah I work on fixing the bugs out, posting screenshots wold be a good thing.

It is good that you have brought up your own browser.I think if you have created one then I think you must provide more details about it..like the screenshot (as buffalohelp mentioned), which rendering engine you are using wheather IE or Gecko. And what all features it has. It will be nice if you could have explained and mentioned all these things.And one more thing as tyssen said that if you are releasing a product you must make sure that you try to provide bug free product not the one which already has some bugs.

Beginally I think that it web browser is very underconstruction and beta...

My personal resume of IGF's Browser:

1. Tab names not on one line

2. After tab switching page always reload

3. Very long time of first loading (like 3 * IE6)

4. It browser running on IE engine

5. Google oriented browser, very oriented

!No errors was occured while my using.

Totally, I like IGF's Browser!

i tried to eliminate runtime error but after testing it for a few times i found out that the error only occurs when i go to my own website - its because of a script in my website that causes the runtime error its very beta and it renders IE

Posted Image

IE rendering? Not sure if I want it. It looks neat though.I could never make a browser, so: Good Job! :)Maybe you should join the browser committee, there's enough browsers going around and we are all trying to standardize the browsers.

I made a tabbed browser for my tech class using VB.net 2003. Its was really easy, considering the fact that there is not much coding to do. All I had to do was add the Web browser control and use the commands associated with it on different objects (like images, labels and buttons)I created a browser, where the browser uses IE, but it visits the sites through a proxy automatically (because in my school the internet optoins were blocked for IE).For those with concerns about security, this is not a DIFFERENT browser like firefox! Its just a nicer version of Internet Explorer that is more Google oriented :rolleyes:.Nice job!