xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Slay

Ipod Nano general discussion

Has anyone else purchased this what could be perfect music player? I know somebody who purchased one the day they came out and a few weeks later the screen was bad so he couldn't see what he was doing. He still could use it but couldn't see what it was saying on the screen. The person did take very very good care of it and rarely took it out of its protective case. So has anyone else purchased one of these? If so have you had good luck with them or do the screens go bad for you?

Hm well i dont really know a lot about these but i suppose it could either be ipods in general or your friend is unlucky. A friend of mine has the ipod nano and it works great. never had any complaints about it till now. has it since around january so maybe the screen will still break. <_< but i have had a normal ipo 40gb since a bit over 2 years now and iv been having a lo t of trouble with it. the hard rive always made this clicking noise and i always had to sent it in to get it repaired of get a new one. (i dont know what apple does with sent in ipods!) so basicly im on number four richt now but this one seems to be working good for a while now.(over 6 months) but my head phones always break. ><anyways i think it is a goo invest to get a ipo nano because they are so small and so stylish and can have aso much music!

I don't own an ipod nano because I don't listen to much music but a lot of people I know do own one and they love it. As far as I know the screen problem had been fixed a long time ago. It is only a problem to people who purchased them when the first came out. Also, if you are planning to purchase one in the near future I would suggest waiting because I had read that apple is releasing new ipod nanos with larger storage capacity.

I know like 5 people who have it and they have never had that problem. Their screens looked clear as can be. There might be a website where you can get it fixed. Cause my brothers broke and my dad sent it to ipod rescue. So maybe send it to this place and get it fixed. Hopefully it works.Ipod Resq

well i think we have discussed it many times yet, and the conclusions are obvious, Apple's Ipod is maybe ONE of the best because saying the best means no other will be better in any sense, something we dont know yetalthough i prefer a creative's player with radio tuner and similar things that say "be careful apple"

Hmm, well I do think he did get his when it first came out so yeah thats probaly why his broke and nobody else here has had theirs because they got theirs later. Meh oh well, I guess I will just consider another type of iPod if I ever do find enough money to buy one.

I got the Apple Ipod Nano for free-of-charge because the company my dad works for got a sales record, so they all received bonuses...including buying a bunch of ipod nano's at the company.

Has anyone else purchased this what could be perfect music player? I know somebody who purchased one the day they came out and a few weeks later the screen was bad so he couldn't see what he was doing. He still could use it but couldn't see what it was saying on the screen. The person did take very very good care of it and rarely took it out of its protective case. So has anyone else purchased one of these? If so have you had good luck with them or do the screens go bad for you?

I had the same problem but any pressure in the screen will make the ipods screen turn black and other colors. If you have the nano OR the video (the video is less easy to break) you can not put any pressure on the screens as the both are LCD screens and older iPods are ticker screens (black and white screens). But when it happened to mine i was pissed because i only had it for a week. The iPod is not reparable unless you send it in to apple. But its probably better just to invest in a video as it has more uses and the screen is alot harder to break. (I went from a 2GB nano to a 60GB Video and the video is still working after2 months and the nano stoped at 2 weeks)

I would much perfer buying a mp3 player that isn't made by apple becasue they are more expensive than other mp3 players with similar specs. Apple dosn't even apeal to most people as a 'big brand'. Unless they like apple.....

There was quite an issue with the NANO scrreens. My thought with new technologies, upgrades etc... is just wait a month after there release and then read forums to see if they are working alright. And then purchase idf all sounds well.Lee

Why should people by a i-Pod Nano? I mean come on there are great and everything, but who needs that many songs. I heard its over 1000. I like music a lot and even I would't need all of that space for songs. Is it just a waste of money? I'm not really sure who can help? I heard the i-Pod Shuffle is not so much money.
:)

Oh my god. That just happened to one of my friends last week. A side of the screen went black and inkey. I heard that lots of people have this happening to their Nanos. I think there is something wrong with it. The device must have some kind of screen problem. They will figure it out soon.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Do not double post. You can edit your own post to add/edit your post.

Nanos are very easily broke. Me and my friend both had one yes had until I was running in tight pants and the damn thing broke in half, and last weekend she was listening to it and bumped a wall not even with the slightest force and the screen cracked in 5 places. Not worth the money.

You know I have somewhat of a problem with Apple and their IPods. Actually the complaint might be better made towards the consumers themselves. I know a few people at school who have 3 IPods, one of the originals with a 2GB hard drive. Then they had to go out and buy a new one when they came out with 40GB hard drive. Then they had to buy a Nano. What is the point in having 3 or more IPods? If you buy one why do you need another one exactly? But as far as an IPod goes I would rather just buy an MP3 player I can handle 1GB of music for 2/3 the price of an IPod.